🏈13🏈

Kayla's POV:

After Literature, time just seems to go extra slowly, and by the time it's time for football practice, I can't help but be excited.

Not because of Aaron. It's because school has been boring, and I need something to do, and annoying Aaron seems to be a healthy way to pass the time.

"Gosh, why were the classes today so boring?", Steph groans as she stretches out her body and pushes her red hair out of her face. Steph's hair always gets untidy when she is stressed or bored.

"At least you understood what you were being taught", I say, rummaging through my bag for some gum. "If I had half your brain, I would probably pay more attention in class"

"No you wouldn't", Steph laughs and I nod, popping a piece of gum in my mouth.

"Yeah, I probably wouldn't."

"But still", Steph says as we start walking down the hall, "Aaron is kind of changing you"

"No he isn't", I roll my eyes as we round a corner.

"Think about it", Steph continues as if I haven't spoken. "You did all the assignments that we were given over the weekend, you only played one prank, and you even asked questions.", she ends excitedly, and I have to laugh at the enthusiastic look on her face.

"Look, I am only doing those things because Aaron is basically forcing me to, and because it's in the contract. Trust me, there is only room for one genius in this friend group and that's you"

Steph rolls her eyes but goes red with pleasure. I know that she doesn't get enough compliments about her brains from her Dad, so I try to praise her brain as much as possible.

We round another corner, and we see Quinn coming out of a class, Marcus behind her.

"Hey, get away from her", Steph says, instantly stepping towards Quinn, who looks as if she has been crying.

"By all means", Marcus says, raising his hands, his face in a nasty smirk. "I was simply apologizing to little miss orphan here about our little mishap at the party"

"Get lost Marcus", I growl and he rolls his eyes but concedes to walk off.

"Are you ok?", I ask, as Quinn tries to smile but fails.

"I'm okay", she says, wrapping her arms round her thin body.

"I didn't see you at lunch today", Steph asks, a concerned look on her face. "Where were you?"

"Oh... I was... umm... taking pictures", she says, reaching into her back pocket and pulling out her inhaler. She sucks on it a bit, before she finally has a relaxed look on her face.

"So where are you both up to", she says desperately trying to change the topic. I am about to push more on why she didn't eat, but Steph instantly jumps in.

"We're going to watch rulebook at his football practice."

"Aww what a cute couple?", Quinn teases.

"Fake couple", I wave them away.

"Sure", Steph replies sarcastically.

"Well we should probably get on then, if we are going to watch the practice", Quinn says, and Steph nods, but before we have the opportunity to even move, the class door opens and Jason walks out. He stops when he sees us, his eyes glaring at Quinn who seems to shrink back, before he looks over to me.

"Kayla – ", he begins.

"Don't even start this Jason", I cut him off.

"Please Kay, I need to talk to you", he says.