Epilogue

Steph's POV:

So I am late to my tutoring session. What else is new?

Miss Kensigner said to go to the library and I would find my tutor there but I somehow got distracted by watching Kayla and Aaron doing their cute couple thing while Quinn and I teased them, so now I'm late.

In a way its good I guess. Maybe whoever this mystery tutor is would have left by now. Then I would just tell my dad and Miss Kensigner that their plan had failed.

I push open the door to the practically empty library whistling a tune, but the sound dies on my lips the instant I spot the only person who is seated in the library.

"What are you doing here?", I practically yell. For a moment, I remember that we are in a library, but I am too pissed off to care about the "whisper in the library" posters pasted on the wall.

Keon raises an eyebrow at me.

"Well Stephanie, I happen to be a tutor and I am waiting the student that I'll be helping who also happens to be late"

I can't help but grit my teeth. I hate it when people call me Stephanie but when its him, I absolutely loathe it.

"Well, I'm here to meet my tutor", I start but instantly break off, a horrific thought beginning to loom in my head.

"No", I shake my head. "There is no way that you are my tutor"

"Seeing as I'm the only tutor here and you're the only one in need of tutoring, it's most likely that I am"

"But I don't want you as my tutor", I practically spit out.

Keon folds his arms and glares at me. "Trust me you're not the only one unhappy about the situation."

From the looks on his face, he feels exactly the way I feel.

Bad enough that I need academic help.

But getting that help from Keon Jacobs, the stuck-up judgmental genius who also happens to be my close friends twin and a total jerk is going to totally break me.

I'm sure Miss Kensigner planned this. Or the gods must be against me because there is no reason why of all the smart kids in Meadowbrook, I get stuck with the most arrogant and irritating of them all.

"Are you planning on taking a seat or do you plan to glare at me until this session is over", he asks, folding his arms and looking up at me. "You're already late so you might as well allow the session to begin"

I glare at him some more, but I do sit down.

"From what I heard, you require more assistance in literature than anything else. Can I look at your literature notes and the story that you're reading this week?"

For a moment, I don't process what he says, but then I shake my head. "I'm not with it"

He pauses, his grey eyes showing a hint of exasperation?

"Of course you aren't", he mutters under his breath, and I feel my face heat up in annoyance.

"Hey listen here..."

"Look, I've been waiting for more than half an hour for you, and you show up late and empty-handed. We're here to study, and this kind of tardiness and lack of materials isn't helping."

I want to argue, but I don't. because he is right.

He brings out a novel from his bag and tosses it to me.

"Use that for today only because next time, I expect you to come with your own", he scolds as if I am a child.

I resist the urge to slap him as I pick up the book.

This is going to be a long term.

A/N: Merry Christmas loves. To those of you who guessed Steon, you were right. The next book is a best friend's brother, enemy to lovers, opposites attract romance story starring Steph and Keon. I will start posting chapters late January or early February. Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas and be sure to enjoy this little sneak peek as my Christmas gift to you. 💋💋💋

Edit: The date has been confirmed, and making her rules will be coming out on the 10th of February! Hope to see you all in Steph's brand new book