8. Some rules

Namjoon analyzes the surroundings. Aside from the strange servants, there are a lot of closed windows. Right where Hosook is sitting. Jimin looks away.

"I was bored, I wanted to go out for a while. Namjoon allowed me to be with them" he replies simply and within reason, it's true. Namjoon nods without thinking, for that is what would help keep him safe, "I agreed to stay because my lord Jungkook invited me to see the birds flying in the area."

"So that's why," Jin smacks his lips and turns to the left, where Namjoon and Taehyung are sitting. "What about you guys, why did you decide to spend the night in here?"

"I just agreed to rest here. A lot of traveling is tiring. I'll be leaving soon together with caravan."

"I'm dying of exhaustion. I've never danced so much before." Hosook laughs and raises her hand, pleads guilty to herself. Jin exhales and stands up. He swipes his claws across Taehyung and Namjoon's seats. Jungkook squints his eyes.

"I see..." muses Jin and pauses. "What simple excuses, but so effective. I can't believe how duplicitous they've become over the years. You three..." He turns to the three relatives. "You are a terrible pest."

"We're just making exceptional use of our conditions."

"Are you so brazen as to call others pests?" claims Yoonji in a hissing tone.

"I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?" questions Jimin. Hosook raises his elbows and smiles broadly. Jimin breaks into a cold sweat And those fangs?

"Pitifully, they are not allowed to leave the house without our permission" announces Hosook with false sorrow. "They agreed to stay here and therefore, they must stay until they fulfill the given promises" clarifies the redhead. "Of course, this is not a kidnapping or a sentence of slavery. We just want some company and we chose you for it... Except you." Jimin throws his head back, frightened. "You... you have no choice."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding anything you're talking about." says Namjoon. Irritated and alert in a discreet manner.

"During the night we decided to invite you to stay here." Yoonji's voice sounds different now. Less whistling and more akin to a stringed instrument. One that strums its strings elegantly. A harp of sorts... Or a cello. "Under strict conditions and they agreed to stay. Therefore, they must stay."

"But-"

"The caravan has already left," Yoonji informs, which surprises Namjoon. "Whatever memories they have of you, they are nonexistent. Anyone outside this house, forgot you."

"Same goes for you." announces Hosook with her cheek in her hand and Taehyung forces himself to swallow What are both women talking about? Namjoon looks disgruntled. A mixture of relief and confusion. Jungkook remains silent and Jimin waits for him to explain what's going on. They are surprised by the grab from behind, his chin grabbed by Jin.

"Try what crosses your mind and I'll be the one to take your head off." he whispers to Jimin who shrieks even though he tries to let go, it's impossible. Namjoon rises abruptly from his seat.

"We're leaving. The three of us. Now." announces Namjoon.

"You can't." says Hosook, unconcerned.

"We want to leave." clarifies Taehyung, anxious.

"Excuse me." he snorts with annoyance.

"They won't be able to leave." Hosook insists. As one who sees something silly.

"I'm not interested in your comments! Miss." Namjoon stands up from the table and pushes Jin away with a single push. He grabs Jimin by the arm to go to the entrance of the dining room. Yoonji moves her jaw and averts her gaze.