15. Responsability

To say that he was not afraid of Jungkook because of the obvious murder would be wrong. Concerns flood in on the matter. The first one being: How did he get them? He checked the list and indeed, they are the ones who had painted him in the past. Reading the names made him remember them. Among them was that specific one that caused him so much discomfort.

Jungkook located them all and killed them. The second question is: How did he get to them so quickly? Scattered around the empire going about their own business. The abnormality in the current situation makes him stay a bit withdrawn towards it.

The lord of the manor handles it well. Too well. He takes silence and distance as a necessary process for Jimin. An urge to conform to what he is willing to do for him.

To how much he's willing to risk for him.

He knows that his cousins are not amused by what he did. Quite the opposite, they're angry with him:

"I can't believe you did something so stupid." criticizes Yoonji.

"I understand that it's... annoying from the point of view of that one who was perverted, but everyone else-"

"They painted it too." excuses Jungkook, looking out the window. Jimin plays with some little birds fluttering in the courtyard. The nobleman dressed in a red hanbok and making contrast with the pale yellow flowers.

"So? Jungkook-"

"Jimin is mine. You guys gave it to me why should I forgive something like that? When you gave such important things of yours and I long for him so much?" he questions. He looks at them out of the corner of his eye and Yoonji produces an irritating squeak.

Similar to badly strumming violin strings.

"Because it happened in the past! And that could draw attention to us! What haven't you paid attention to? The emperor begins to despair, even to the point of pardoning your exile" She approaches sharply towards him. She rests her hands on the couch, on either side of her huge cousin. For the first time, her voice sounds more like an instrument of repercussion. Her racing heart and thick tone help her with it. "Because he wants you on the throne. We-"

"Nothing's going to happen. They won't dare come here. They couldn't even do anything to us." assures Jungkook nonchalantly.

"How do you know?" complains Hosook sorrowfully a couple of steps closer. "They might come. The Park family is on the move, they sent their son to kill you; there are other families, dozens of party invitations have come to us so they could talk to you. Obviously for you to take the throne." exposes the redhead anxiously. So much anguish on top, that several flowers in the room begin to wilt.

"Why so much worry all of a sudden?" asks Jungkook looking towards them. "It's silly, no one-"

"Anyone-could-come" hisses Yoonji, more like a rattlesnake now. Gripping the face of which younger cousin tightly. "Anyone could try to kill us all. Do you think Jin will let go of the chance to get rid of us?"

"What Jin tries is indifferent. He couldn't even try to pull out a hair" he scoffs in exasperation and turns back to his cousin. "And no" Jungkook grabs Yoonji's wrist and pulls it down slowly, forcibly and painfully. "Would they make us" Yoonji whines under her breath, one eye closed in pain, "nothing..." He grabs Yoonji's other wrist. "I'd kill anyone who tries to lay a hand on either of you."

Hosook pouts and moves closer. She stays at bay a couple of steps away, just before the ray of sunlight coming through the window.

"We don't want you to get blood on your hands Unnecessarily," Hosook clarifies gently and softly. "Understand us a little: peace is best, avoiding conflict is the best solution."

"We neither disturb any peace nor seek conflict" states Jungkook, his black hands slowly returning to a natural tone. "I will attend those parties and deny their requests. That way, they will continue to kill each other."

"Or they'll come to kill us."

"They won't get that far."

Yoonji gives a snort. Jungkook is overconfident. She wonders how he thinks that's going to work. He looks back at Jimin and smiles slightly. He enjoys watching him play. He's just like a child, but with adult longings and hobbies. An overly libidinous one.

Jungkook would say that the only thing that differentiates Jimin from the political vipers he met over time, is that Jimin doesn't hide what he is. He likes to be sexual, to be explicit, to say what he intends once he is discovered or even before. The genuine in him makes him beautiful and better than any noble there is in this empire they were kicked out of.

"You two will come with me to these parties of false courtesy" he announces. "And they will bring their men. Since they are so desperate to fuck them." he sneers indiscreetly and Hosook laughs.

"Aw Jungkook, we need food and sexual needs. You can't blame us."

"I don't blame them, it just amuses me how submissive they get for a penis Are they so eager to be overwhelmed that it's imperative to have them in their beds?" he questions curious and Hosook with a sing-songy laugh.

"Taehyung is the funniest man I've ever met, also the cutest below you...I didn't think that position could be given to someone else" comments Hosook, thoughtfully and deep in her memories. Yoonji rolls her eyes, he knows who she's comparing him to and it's so silly of her, "naturally, I just hope he stops thinking I'm a kidnapper and having it over. I know it won't be long now."

"If I drag Namjoon to my room, it would happen, but I'd rather have him come in alone." informs Yoonji and gives Jungkook a glance. "What about you?"

Jungkook tilts his head and directs his gaze to the window. He knows why his cousin is asking. He has never felt longing towards anyone. Not even for Jimin. It goes back to the usual question: is he defective? He's more functional than a normal man. Stronger, faster, smarter, more beautiful than ordinary mortals.

And yet, the idea of having sex makes him.... Indifferent? He'll have it. He wants to touch it and get to it, but it's by far the most important thing. He likes what they talk about, walking, dancing, singing, painting. There are too many activities that, in company, are so craveable.

Jungkook continues to be amazed at the relevance his cousins place on the subject. He tells himself that maybe, it's because he hasn't done it more than a couple of times and with Jimin will be different. It has to be. The lack of response gets a chuckle out of both of them. Jungkook has always been very strange. Even when he was a teenager he didn't behave like other boys. He's always been different and maybe that's why there was such a stir among the women. They all wanted to be with him. Something indefinable that made him better than the others. "Don't be anxious cousin.... What matters is that when it happens, you make it great. For the moment, I can tell you that he really, really likes the way you look at him."

He gives a chuckle and closes his eye, receiving Hosook's kiss on his temple.