Chapter 25

Corbin and Hunter stood as soon as I entered the house. Their eyes were filled with fear, but they slowly turned to relief when they saw me at the door.

"You're alive," Corbin said.

"You look like shit," Hunter said at the same time. "How does Brickson look?"

I blinked and scowled before I looked around the room, not seeing the girl or my dog in the living room. "Where are they?"

"In my bed," Corbin said. He cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "That damn dog decided to hop into my bed and lay at her feet."

"That damn dog is protecting her," I said. "He knows that he has to watch the girl. Have you told him "place," and pointed to the end of the bed but on the floor?" I raised an eyebrow in question.

Corbin looked away from me and shifted on his feet. "No," he said. "He jumped on the bed, and I didn't want to move him."

"Corbin is scared of Kyler," Hunter said, and Corbin turned to look at Hunter and narrowed his eyes while he scowled.

"Am not," he said, and I raised an eyebrow because I knew that he was lying.

Corbin sighed and cleared his throat while he shifted on his feet. He looked away from me and moved a hand across the back of his neck, looking sheepish. "A bit," he said and held his fingers an inch apart. "I am a little bit afraid of him."

Again, I stared at him with a raised eyebrow and waited.

"Ok, I am more afraid of him than I am letting on," Corbin said. "Now, can you stop with that look and go take a shower? You are scarier than him as it is."

I tried to bite back a satisfied smirk but failed to do so when Corbin scowled and narrowed his eyes. I cleared my throat and grew serious while I looked at the two men that had to deal with me on a regular basis than most. "Have you checked on her in a while?" I asked and looked between them to see what they had to say.

Both Corbin and Hunter looked at each other and shrugged before they looked at me, their expressions telling me that they hadn't.

"We've been deciding on whether or not to find you and help," Corbin said. "We would have in about thirty minutes if you weren't back by then." He looked at his phone before he cleared his throat and put it up, his face telling me something that he didn't want me to know.

I bit back a groan and closed my eyes, annoyed. "Please tell me that you didn't tell the king that I was in a fight with the person being controlled by a Vesper," I groaned before I moved a hand across my face. "Please, for the love of the Goddess, tell me that you didn't."

"Ok," Corbin said. He gestured to Hunter, and I looked at him before I looked at Corbin. "Then he will tell you."

Hunter looked between the two of us, his eyes wide. "Me?" he asked and pointed at himself. He looked at Corbin. "Why me?" he asked. "I warned you not to tell him until she was back, but no duty calls, and you called him."

"She could have gotten hurt," Corbin said in his defense.

"She's a damn Werewolf, she'll heal herself faster than you can say "Hot Potato,"" Hunter replied before he gestured toward me. "I mean, look, she's not even that injured because of her wolf, and I am sure that she looks better than she does right now because she needs to shower."

"Which she should do now before she tries to kick my ass," Corbin said and looked at me with wide eyes. "Please?"

I bit back a sigh and shook my head while I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "You should be grateful that I do not have enough energy to deal with your bull shit," I gruffed before I cleared my throat and set my jaw. "Has he called me yet?" I asked, changing the subject.