Chapter 1

I sighed a little and drummed my hand on the steering wheel, waiting for him to call. I was in the middle of nowhere, having finished the business that I was supposed to complete and was waiting for my comrade to tell me he had received the finances that were owed. My whole body was tense because I was in an area filled with Wolves. I didn't want to stay on their land any longer than I had to.

My gray eyes glanced around, making sure that we were alone. I could sense the Wolves from the pack, watching us. Some even came as close to about a foot away from the truck, ignoring the Alpha's orders that I should be left alone. This made my wolf/dog, Kyler, growl a little as he watched them, and I knew that he was ready to get out of here just as much as I was.

"Easy," I said, making the dog's black ears flick towards me to catch the sound of my voice. "I know that you're nervous about this whole thing, too, Boy. Hunter should be done by now."

Kyler turned to look at me, his black and tan face filled with annoyance. He grunted before turning again to look out the window. He didn't give any other movement, and I hated that I could not understand him like I would a normal Werewolf. 

However, I did know that he was annoyed and ready to leave. I was also because my job here was done, and I did not need to outstay the welcome the Alpha had so graciously given me.

"Hurry up, Hunter," I muttered as I leaned my head on the steering wheel, a headache appearing out of nowhere. "How hard is it to get a transaction out in the middle of nowhere?"

'Very hard, for a Hunter,' my wolf, Nova, said. There was an annoyed growl in her voice, letting me know that she still didn't like the fact of working with a Hunter. 'We should go back to base and kill him.'

I bit back an annoyed sigh. I knew why she wanted to kill him because he was a Hunter. However, that eighteen-year-old boy had saved my life way back when after I had saved his butt once before. 'If he leads us into a trap, then we'll kill him. 'Sides, I know you really don't want to kill him. Don't you consider him as your brother or pup?'

Nova growled before blocking the connection between us. I knew I had gotten it correct since she did block me. Sometimes, I could hear her thoughts about stuff, even if she had blocked the connection between us. However, that wasn't often, not as often as she was able to hear mine.

I bit back a chuckle as I looked around before looking back of the truck to see two brown eyes staring at me. I studied the eyes a little of my horse before turning to look out the front windshield. 

My stallion snorted and kicked at the back of the trailer, letting me know that he was getting annoyed. He didn't like being stuck in the middle of nowhere with other wolves and no way to protect himself if they decided to turn an attack on us.

"He needs to hurry," I said, talking to myself. "Aimu is getting annoyed." I sighed a little and placed my hands on the steering wheel. I thought about my Quarter Horse Arabian mixed stallion, remembering everything about him. A small smirk appeared on my face as I looked out, glad that I got a horse like him.

Aimu Ameer was his name, and he was my barrel racer. With him, I knew I could fly anywhere, anytime, and any day. I also knew that it was because of his fast-paced canter that had won us many competitions.

The sound of ringing filled the truck, and I knew that it was finally Hunter. "Finally," I muttered as I pressed the 'accept' button on my phone. "This is Kel," I said briskly, spying the Alpha Male watching me with green eyes. I tensed, wanting to get out of there quickly, knowing that I was about to outstay my welcome.

"It's Hunt," Hunter replied. "The transaction is completed. You can leave. Also, I have another job for you with Clint. There is, also, a racing competition in Huntsville that I set you and Aimu up for."

"Alright, will you be meeting up with us?"

"Yes, Clint wants to see me, also. He wants to make sure that I haven't killed you yet."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "It'd be the other way around, Hunt."

Hunter snorted, and I could tell that he had rolled his eyes. "I know that you would be dead if we did fight for real," he replied, talking about the practice rounds we did when I wasn't working. "I'll talk to you when you get to Texas."

I started my truck, glad to be on the road finally. "Talk to you in about three hours, Hunt."

"See ya, Kel." With that, he hung up the phone. 

I nodded to the Alpha Male before starting to back my truck up. I knew that there would be a few wolves following my truck until it was out of the territory, but I didn't care because I knew that I would be safe.

A small smirk appeared on my lips, glad that I would be having sort of a break. Clint usually called upon me if he wanted to have a chat or if there was just one rogue that liked to tease the pack. The good thing was, Clint was close to Huntsville, Texas, where there would be a competition held about this time every year.

And that means I get to live in that small cabin Clint had set up for me, I thought. And I don't have to spend any money on it.