Chapter 36

Clemson and I looked at each other before we looked at her with equal grave looks on our faces.

Tally instantly grew tense and serious while she looked between us, pressing her lips into a thin line. "What's... going on?" she asked, furrowing her brows and cocking her head while she studied us. "Did someone die?"

Clemson sighed and moved a hand across his face before he shook his head and cleared his throat. "Not yet," he said before he cleared his throat again, "and I hope that no one does... soon."

Fcuking idiot.

Tally blinked and blinked again with a small frown on her face. Confusion flickered across her face while she looked between the two of us, trying to decipher what was wrong herself before she solely looked at Clemson, her frown deepening. "Are... you cheating on me with Kel?"

I couldn't help it; I really couldn't. I facepalmed and shook my head while I groaned, not knowing how to take that.

"Really?" Clemson asked with a look of disgust and mortification on his face. He took another step back and shook his head, pursing his lips in annoyance. "Did you seriously ask that?"

Tally slowly started to grin and shrugged before she started to laugh. "Well, what else am I to think?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "You two are in a room alone with each other and are just standing around, not doing anything."

"Because I rarely sit when I am in the room with a "royal" unless they sit down first," I said, "and since Clemson is a "gentleman," he won't sit down until I sit down, so we are both standing until one of us breaks."

"Then I will sit down first," Tally said and walked over to the seats with us watching her.

She sat down and looked at us and grinned, both of us unamused while we looked at her. "Now, come on, and sit so that we can discuss who is going to die, who has died, or who I can kill. Clemson, you sit down first so that lil Kel can sit down, too."

Clemson bit back an annoyed sigh and shook his head. He did what he was told to do and sat down by his mate after he placed a kiss on her temple.

He whispered something in her ear, and she relaxed slightly while I walked over to them and sat across from them, resting my arms on my legs.

Tally cleared her throat and shifted in her seat. "Well?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question while she looked at me. "What happened, Kel? Why does Clemson look so grave?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line while I looked at him before I looked at her. "The first thing that we want you to know is that we passed Councilman Ryott on our way to the palace doors," I said. "That is why we looked so grave."

Tally pressed her lips into a thinner line and frowned, worry flashing through her eyes. "Did... he say anything to you?" Tally asked worriedly while she looked me up and down to make sure that I was fine before she looked at me again. "Did he hurt you?" There was a small bit of warning in her voice, and I knew that she would be protective of me if she found out that he did.

I shook my head no, biting back a small snort. "He wouldn't hurt me in front of the royals or the Grand Beta," I said and gestured to Clemson. "He isn't that stupid."

"But he is stupid enough to make snide remarks in front of her," Clemson said, "even if most of them are done in "private," which is why you always look annoyed after you have been around him."

I bit back a small snort and held back an eye roll, but what he said was true; I was always annoyed when I had to deal with him no matter what occasion. "And that is why I do not want him anywhere near the little girl," I said. "He does not need to make her feel worthless because she is a Rogue and a Vesper."