Chapter 37

Tally furrowed her brows and cocked her head while she looked between the two of us. She blinked and blinked again, and I could tell that she was trying to process the request that Clemson told her. "Do... I get a say in this?" she asked and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

I bit back a sigh and shrugged with a small grimace on my face. "It's hard to change his mind, Tal." I sighed and shook my head. "You know this, Tal," I added before I cleared my throat and shifted on my feet. "In the end, it is up to Clemson and what he wants, but I knew that you'd be more upset if you found out that he had done it behind your back instead of telling you up front."

She narrowed her eyes while she studied me, and I could tell that she was weighing the pros and cons like I had done when Clemson told me that he wanted to be under my command. "When did you decide to be under her command?" she asked and looked at her mate.

Clemson sighed and moved a hand across his face before he shook his head. "I've been thinking about it for a while," he said, honestly. "However, after seeing Ryott the way he was, it helped affirm my decision for doing this."

"So... I don't get a say, correct?" she asked and raised an eyebrow. She looked at me and blinked. "It's nothing to do with you or anything, but it's kind of weird that a different female is going to be in control of my mate..."

"It won't be for long," I said and shook my head. "It's until this Vesper is taken care of, and then I will take it off." I raised my hand when Clemson opened his mouth to protest. "Talilah is more than capable of making sure that you stay safe while I make sure that the king stays safe."

Clemson closed his mouth and pressed his lips into a thin line. He rubbed the bridge of his nose before he shook his head and bit back a sigh.

"I will agree only if she takes it off as soon as the problem has been dealt with," Talilah said and looked between the two of us. She cleared her throat before she looked at her mate, her face blank but eyes filled with emotion. "I don't want anything to happen to you," she said softly, "but I do not like the idea of you being under someone's control and not under mine."

Clemson hesitated, but he nodded. "I know," he said softly. He placed his arm across his mate's shoulder and placed a kiss on her forehead, and she smiled and closed her eyes a little. "I am worried about the future endeavors, and if anyone else will try to take control of me."

I cleared my throat and leaned back in my seat, feeling guilty that Tally was upset. "He's worried that someone will be able to control him if he is under your spell."

Tally nodded and cleared her throat, opening her eyes and looking at me. "I know," she said, "and that is why I am more than grateful to have you control him, for right now. I don't know what is going to happen in the future, and we can discuss that later, but right now, I'd be more comfortable with it if I knew you weren't there."

I nodded. "Do you want to stay in the room while I do it?" I asked, and she nodded and looked relieved.

"Wati," Clemson said and looked at me and then at Tally before he scowled and narrowed his eyes, and I had a feeling that he was being playful and didn't care that she'd be in the room with us. "Don't I get a say in this?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"No," Tally and I said together in unison, and he groaned and slouched while he pouted.

"Fine," he grumbled. He cleared his throat and sat up in his seat while he grew serious. "Now, do you want to stand or..?"

"You're going to have to sit over here," I said, and he nodded, walked over to me, and sat down while he stayed silent. "Tally..." I warned and narrowed my eyes, and she grinned and nodded.