vii*

HARRY'S POINT OF VIEW

"I was never fully debriefed by you from yesterday. What did you find in her laptop?"

"Nothing much about us," I admit, honestly. "It's mostly about the Brotherhood."

"She caused the biggest data leak in recent syndicate history, and there's nothing worth mentioning about us?" Cobalt doubts.

"There's nothing about us planning to take down the Brotherhood, but there's a lot of dirt on them that we could use to our advantage," I tell him, more detailed. "Things as small as pin numbers for staff. The only thing of ours that leaked were schedule records for security and staff, as you know."

"There's no way she could've hidden anything from us," he thinks out loud. "She's good- but can't be that good."

"It was a good choice to have her side with us."

"Watch her for this mission," he requests. "See how she works, if she's really as good as we think she is."

"Yes sir." I feel our conversation wrapping up, and so I stand to slowly move towards the door.

Cobalt nods his head, "As long as she remains useful and loyal to the cause." I was about to say goodbye when he suddenly says, "and I know about the little adventure that you two took last night."

"I'm sorry sir," I apologize.

"Don't make it a habit," Cobalt warns me. "I know it's exciting to have a woman in your unit, but business comes first, then romance or friendship or whatever might be."

"I don't see her as anything more than a business partner, sir," I assure him. "I just-"

"Keep it that way. Your father would hate to see you throw away your stellar career for some girl."