Thanatos: Hijinx

This is compensation for my lack of upload.

I'm getting a writer's block from the Harper Chislon Trilogy. 😭

Also, I have no idea where the infirmary is in Camp Half-Blood. I searched through many sites, and some say that the Infirmary is a part of the Apollo Cabin, some say it is an independent building, and some say that it is the part of the Big House.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Thanks to Nico, I can't do my job properly.

Ever since that day regarding the "Dead Son of Apollo Incident", the son of Hades grew resentment towards me. I swear, while I was hunting for souls, or when I am in the castle, I could see a pale boy in the corner of my eye.

On several occasions, I have to sneak my way around the castle without Nico seeing me.

And if Nico sees me...well its 7 hours of being chased non stop before the son of Hades gives up.

Apparently, I also heard from Lady Persephone that Nico would like to, and I quote, "Pluck me off my feathers and roast me for the next Thanksgiving Day."

I'm scared of dying by the hands of Nico di Angelo.

And I'm the god of death.

Anyways, let me tell you of the infamous story of how Nico scarred my life forevermore.

So, it all started when I sensed a dying soul in Camp Half-Blood.

Now, you might ba aware that Camp Half-Blood is a camp for half-bloods, who do noble deeds for the gods, and sometimes those deeds end in their lives being lost.

But sometimes, these demigods die in the most ridiculous ways possible. And I am not even kidding.

During my previous visits in the camp, one died because he challenged a naiad to a water breathing contest.

Another camper apparently challenged an Ares kid to a wrestling match. Apparently the Ares kid went a little too... "into the game" and the demolished the poor camper. And when I say demolish I mean his insides were squished to mush.

Then another camper apparently refused to share her ambrosia reserve, so she decided to EAT ALL OF THEM UP IN ONE GO. You can guess what happens next.

In short, Camp Half-Blood campers is prone to dying to ridiculous deaths. And suprise suprise, I am flying there to collect another soul.

As I flew, I checked my tablet to see the soul that I am going to collect.

Connor Stoll
Gender: Male
Age: 16
Godly Parentage: Hermes
Cause of Death: Tried to scare Malcolm Pace, Son of Athena with a spider. Malcolm at the time of the incident was holding a knife, and accidentally swung the wrong way.

I sighed as I put the tablet away.

Kids these days.

I spotted the tall pine tree in the distance, I flew lower and saw the giant outlay of Camp Half-Blood; with buildings strewn in specific areas, and campers bustling about.

I used my senses to search for the Son of Hermes. There were tons of souls bustling about, but I detected the fading life force with ease.

However, I paled when I realized where the soul is located.

Connor was already sent to the infirmary. Which means Will Solace is there. Which means...

Nico.

I bit my lip and mentally screamed as I teleported to the infirmary. It was a rectangular room with medical beds organized horizontally, and there are medical equipment everyone. The infirmary was decorated with healing runs, the sun (symbol of Apollo), and the caduceus (symbol of Hermes). Despite the bright interior of the room, the place reeked of death and despair.

However, there is only one patient in the infirmary. Connor was bandaged up on his torso, which was bleeding profusely. His face was deathly pale. Will's hand was on the wound, chanting hymns of Apollo in an attempt to heal.

As I dreaded. Behind the son of Apollo was Nico di Angelo himself. He sat on a stool, looking at Will patiently. He looked like a puppy dog waiting for his master.

However, I knew that this face was a front. I know that there is some malice in there waiting to capture devious death gods that slipped out his hands.

Being invisible, I slowly hovered over the trio. Instantly, Nico suddenly looked around, as if sensing my presence.

"Something wrong, Sunshine?" Will asked while he worked his magic on Connor.

"Oh, uh, nothing Tesoro! Carry on." Nico replied.

I slowly drifted closer to Connor's bed, while eyeing Nico. I knew that he noticed my presence, and it won't be long before he strikes.

I just have to take Connor's soul and book it.

I quickly reached out to Connor, in an attempt to grab his soul.

That's when Nico quickly lunged at me. He must have sensed me for a while, because he instantly lunged at where I was.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" I became visible as Nico grabbed my neck. Will jumped back in shock.

"What in the Hades?!" Will yelled out loud. Still pinning me down, Nico grabbed something from his pocket. It was a long dark...rope? No a chain-

No. OH HADES NO!

I knocked Nico off me with my shoulder and dashed out of the infirmary. One soul isn't worth it anymore if it means getting chained up again!

As I dashed out, I heard Nico walking towards me in a dangerously fast pace, the chain clanking in his hands.

I dashed through the fields of the camp, and the campers gave me odd glances. It would've looked ridiculous at the time. The god of death getting chased by the son of Hades walking terrifying fast, hot on my tail with a chain.

I then saw the Big House in the distance. I made a mad dash to it. I saw Dionysus and Chiron. Dionysus was the one who took notice of me.

"HELP ME!"

Dionysus squinted his eyes and arched his eyebrow. I quickly jumped into the balcony. As soon as Nico reached 3 meters near the Big House, Dionysus snapped his fingers and the entire perimeter was barricated with thick grape vines.

I can hear the muffled demonic screams of a furious son of Hades emenating from the other side of the barrier.

I huddled in the corner next to the two men playing pinocle.

"Do not worry Thanatos," Chiron said with a smile, though his face looks more concerned than comforting. "Nico cannot enter the premises."

"Plus," Dionysus added, "This area is pretty bright, so the son of Hades cannot shadow-travel here."

I nodded weakly. A loud boom can be heard outside, and the grape vines rattled violently, as if something was banging the barrier with a battering ram.

"Do not worry," said Chiron. "He will come soon."

I cocked my head in confusion. "He?"

As soon I said it, I heard a light melodious humming. It was a charming melody, making the grape vines sway with it and the sun shine brightly.

"Took him long enough." Dionysus snapped his fingers, and the grape vines slithered down.

In the middle of the field, was Nico. He was on Will's lap, his face nuzzled on the son of Apollo's neck. Will hummed the tune, and Nico slowly calmed down.

I quickly booked out of there before he sees me.

Author's Note§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Guys I'm going to make a special chapter for my birthday.

Its either going to be a skit or a lyric prank