Ryder Reyes

⚠️Warning⚠️
Homophobia
Mentions of Ableism

"I said no."

Amy sobbed as Nico brutally rejected her. She ran away crying her eyes out, while Nico showed no remorse in what he had done.

I sighed. "Nico, that was rude."

"I don't care."

"Come on Nico! How are you supposed to get a girlfriend if you keep scaring every girl off?"

"Simple. I don't want a girlfriend."

I sighed as Nico walked off, not sparing a glance to the girls that were swooning at him.

Before I continue, let me introduce myself first. My name is Ryder Reyes.

Let me explain as to why I am helping Nico di Angelo find a girlfriend.

You see, a few months back, there was this teacher, Miss Rowley. She was rude, cruel, and an ableist, which was dumb since half of the students in our school are disabled. Miss Rowley believes that disabled kids are just "lazy dumbos who are just to retarded to do anything right."

Now, my girlfriend, Carrie, is mute.

At the time when Nico transferred here, Miss Rowley was picking on my girlfriend. I was at choir practice at that time, so I didn't know that Miss Rowley was picking on Carrie.

But according to Carrie, Nico came along and tried to defend her from Miss Rowley. When Miss Rowley told him off, Nico punched her in the face.

She was then reported for bullying disabled students and was kicked off the school.

Ever since that day, Nico earned my respect. So, I decided to help him find a girlfriend.

Well, but as you saw earlier, it wasn't working out too well.

I wonder why.

The school bell rung and all students hurried to our classes.

I went to Algebra (my worst nightmare) and sat down next to Nico and Carrie. The students piled in as our teacher, Miss Diana, settled into the room.

"Alright class." Miss Diana announced. "Before we begin our class, I would like to introduce a new student."

The new student entered our classroom. The boy had blonde hair and oceanic blue eyes that seemed to sparkle. He had tan skin, and was dotted with freckles. He was wearing the bright cheery smile that seemed to exhude good vibes.

" Class, this is Will Solace." Miss Diana announced. Nico, who was doodling on his notebook suddenly stiffened and looked up.

"Solace?" Nico perked up, which grabbed Will's attention.

"Nico?" Will smiled at him, which caused the latter to blush.

Miss Diana observed their interaction. "Well, since Mr. Solace with well acquainted with Mr. Di Angelo, how about you go sit with him then?"

Will nodded then went over to us. Some of the girls swooned as he passed them. Eventually, he sat down next to Nico, who was turning red profusely.

"Hey Neeks~" Will said to Nico.

"Shut up Solace."

"Um, hi," I introduced myself. "My name is Ryder, and this is my girlfriend Carrie." Carrie waves at him. He waves back.

"Alright everyone, open your books to page 420." Miss Diana announced.

Everyone turned their books that that page, and so did I, and I almost grew dizzy from the amount of formulas that we are about to solve in that page.