Aria Sullito Ft. Reyna

Hey everyone, I'm Aria Sullito! The world's greatest matchmaker!

I bestowed myself with the duty to create perfect couples around the world!

But well...even great matchmakers make mistakes.

Let me tell you my story.

So, I tend to venture near various shops; those that sell chocolates, flowers, toys, anything that can be given to their partners as gifts.

Today, I have been roaming around the plushie store, when this 26 year-old man entered. He was a pale boy with black hair and was wearing dark clothing. He had bags under his eyes, and he seem to be exhuding a menacing aura around him.

I dislike him instantly.

He browsed through the store, and spotted a huge sun plushie. He bought it and then left.

Curiously, I followed him outside.

I managed to track him down into the city park, where he met up with a girl.

The girl has a braided dark hair, and was wearing a dress. Despite her casual attire, she had a dominant aura around her, like a leader ready to take charge and lead her army in battle.

I hid behind the trashcan as the two started talking.

"-like it Reyna?" The boy said.

Ahhh so the girl's name is Reyna.

"It's cute, Nico." The girl smiled at the plushie.

I disapproved of this couple.

Reyna, an independent and strong girl is swooning over Nico, a creepy weirdo who is probably a creep or a murderer.

I'm going to break them apart.

Reyna will thank me later.

***

Nico's Pov

Italic words are in Latin.

I ran towards Reyna, who was waiting near a bench at the city park.

"Hey!" I called Reyna, who turned and smiled.

"Hey Nico." said Reyna. "Got the gift for Will?"

I nodded, and showed her the fluffy Sun Plushie. "It's bright and fluffy, it reminds me of him. Do you think he'll like it, Reyna?"

Reyna smiled. "Of course he'll like it, it's cute, Nico."

I smiled as I stared at the plushie. I didn't noticed it while I bought it, but the Sun had a cute smiley face on it.

"NICO!"

I jumped as someone shrieked my name. I turned to see a brunette walking towards me, tears streaming down her face.

"NICO, WHO IS SHE?!" She shrieked at me, which almost made my ears pop.

"Uh, who are you?" I blurted out.

Of course, things have to go off the rails.

"What do you mean?! I'm your girlfriend!" The girl announced.

I looked at Reyna, who narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

Nico, who is this?

I don't know?! I have never met her before in my life!

So a wild agro-mortal approached us.

I blinked at her. I didn't even care that the girl in front of us was yelling unintelligably.

A what?

It's a running gag for us Romans. When we are on a quest, mortal or two would butt in and cause us unnecessary trouble. We call them agro-mortals as a joke, since they are mortals and they aggravate us for wasting our time.

Oh.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" The girl screeched, jolting me out of our conversation.

"What?" I blurted out, which was a bad move.

The girl's face was tight in anger. "I SAID THAT WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!"

Her absurd yelling has caused several bystanders to come and watch the commotion.

I could feel those judging eyes staring at me, watching my every move. I grew uncomfortable as I wrapped my arms around the plushie.

"Ma'am," I said to the girl, "I have never met you before in my life."

Tears streamed down her face. "So you're just going to pretend that we've never met before huh, Nico?! What about all the times we spent together, all the promises that you vowed to fulfill, all of those times that we had s*x, DOES THOSE THINGS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?!"

Even in the distance, I could hear the judgemental whispers of the bystanders. I froze in place, unable to move as this random girl ranted off about things that I didn't even do....

Suddenly Reyna stepped in front of me.

"Whose leg are you trying to pull here, girl?" Reyna said sternly to the girl.

The girl sniffed. "Girl, I know that it's hard for you to accept, but Nico has been seeing me for the past two years now. I thought that he was single, but I figured out just recently. I'm sorry that you have to find out this way."

Reyna raised her eyebrow at me, then at the girl.

"Ma'am, we aren't dating."

***
Aria's Pov

"Ma'am, we aren't dating."

Eh?

THEY AREN'T?!

Uh oh.

"And another thing." Reyna said, pointing behind her at Nico. "He's gay."

I let those revelations sink in.

Reyna walked closer to me, cracking her knuckles. "I'm assuming that you thought that Nico and I were dating, and you were going to try to break us apart."

H-How did she know?!

"You know, people like you are the reason why I had to accompany Nico in public places. You just waltz around, thinking that you have control of the people around you and you think that everything will go your way." Reyna sneered, and I could swear that I could see flames dancing in her eyes.

She then turn to Nico." Go to your boyfriend. I'll handle this wench. "

Nico nodded and ran off.

"It's time for a reality check, Aria Sullito."

It was the last thing I heard before I woke up in the hospital.

Author's Note §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Sorry for not posting much

The internet in my area is a bit wonky 😅