𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄𝙓

Just like San predicted, the word spread that he got Jung Donghyun and Park Minsoo in his claws and that they were dead.

Everyone was avoiding Stray Kids, Dreamcatcher and Ateez — a joined group of San's and Wooyoung's teams with Hongjoong being the leader and Seonghwa the second leader. San and Wooyoung worked in the shadows but everyone knew they were the right leaders.

The two captured men were driven to psychotic breaks, hallucinations, even forgetting their real names. They revealed everything they knew and once San was satisfied with that, he let them go. If they ended up going to a local hospital, they would know.

San asked Seonghwa if he could install mini microchips into both men through surgery and the older man said yes, since it was the easiest way to keep track of them. They were incredibly tiny but useful since Yunho designed them by his own hands, making sure that once they were planted in the body they could never be taken out.

Once San got all of the information needed for the case, he sent everything to the firm and let another lawyer take over. He and Wooyoung quit their undercover roles and disappeared into the shadows, trying to live as best as they could a normal life.

In April, Wooyoung had started to experience contractions around his 38th week. It was early in the morning of April 29th, 2024 as Wooyoung had woken up with a yelp escaping him.

San, who had woken up an hour ago, immediately turned off the stove and dashed out of the kitchen to the bedroom. He approached the younger fox and pulled him into a hug, pressing a kiss to the top of his head.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I — fuck! — think I'm having contractions." Wooyoung groaned.

"Did you water break yet?"

Wooyoung shook his head. "No, but they're hella active and it hurts."

San nodded. "Okay. Can you lay down while I prepare your bag?"

Wooyoung nodded and let San adjust his position before the fox dashed to the nursery and packed everything they needed for the hospital. He sent a quick text to Seonghwa to let him know and rushed back to the room, placing the bag on the nightstand.

"If your contractions are 5 minutes apart, let me know so I can drive you to the hospital." San said softly and Wooyoung nodded.

Some time had passed before Wooyoung let out a yell. "Sannie, i think we need to go to the hospital!"

San dashed out of the kitchen and went to the bedroom, helping Wooyoung get downstairs to the garage first before coming back inside to grab the overnight bag and their phones before getting in the car and driving to the hospital. He texted Seonghwa about the situation and the doctor got Wooyoung's room ready for him.

Once they arrived at the hospital, Wooyoung felt something wet in between his legs. "Sannie, my water just broke."

"Fuck." San cursed and got out of the car. He helped the staff lower his mate on the bed and they whisked him off as he told them that his water broke. San grabbed the overnight bag and dashed to Wooyoung's room where the nurses got everything under control.

"Alright, Wooyoung-ssi, I'm going to check how far you're dilated now, okay?" A nurse with long red hair tied into a ponytail told him and Wooyoung nodded.

It was a bit uncomfortable as the nurse pushed her hand in to check how far he's dilated but he held it in, trusting the nurse since she's more experienced in this than him.

"I'd say about 5 cm." The nurse said. "We'll leave you for a bit and then check within a few minutes if anything changes."

Wooyoung nodded and let out a sigh as he leaned into the bed, his thoughts not working at all. San felt how nervous he was through the bond and reached out, physically and mentally, to help his mate. Wooyoung glanced at him and smiled softly, squeezing his hand in thanks.