Silenced 💜

Muzan x Reader

***

"Tanjiro...run! Take Nezuko and—!"

Your blade was horribly chipped, and longer had the same effect. It was halfway through Muzan's neck, but even that wasn't the enough. You were thrown backwards, gasping at the cracks that resonated throughout your body.

So tired, so exhausted. It was an unfortunate encounter with the king himself, one that would surely end in death. A poor excuse for a Hashira you were. You'd slain countless demons, yet had such a problem when it came to the upper moons. The blood consistently flowed from your mouth, staining the beautiful grass that you laid on. You were a mess of blood and broken bones, bound to die soon. Even worse, you couldn't concentrate your breathing. Your chest felt extremely tight, and could barely pass air in and out.

"Master...I'm so sorry that I couldn't...couldn't..."

Your nichirin sword rested beside your broken fingers. There was no more strength left to grip and wield it against Muzan. Tanjiro was split on deciding whether to run or stay. The king already had his goals set on slaughtering the sibling duo, the least you could do was try and distract him until the very end.

"Tanjiro...please! Save yourself and Nezuko—!"

Muzan crushed your fingers that tried inching for the sword. You cried out, feeling the pain spread everywhere. Nezuko unlocked the box, desperate to try and save you, but Tanjiro forced the lid back shut.

"Y/N...I'll come back for you! I promise!"

You were happy when he finally took of running, disappearing into the vast forest. The sun would soon rise, and maybe you'd get the privilege of dying under the warm morning sun.

"That brat," Muzan raised his foot, before bringing it down once more. "And you," He ran his finger along your cheek, inspecting the blood that trickled down. "You...are a strong Hashira. I don't blame you for failing to cut off my head."

The pressure on your fingers disappeared, and your eyes flickered to the side. He was crouched beside you, swiping more of your blood along his fingers. It was sickening seeing him pop them into his mouth like candy.

"My, my. It looks like dawn will break soon, doesn't it?" One arm slid under your knees, while the other supported your upper half. Back towards the city he went, with you dying in his arms.

"You're a coward, Muzan...a worthless coward..."

More blood sputtered from your lips, making it even harder for him to compose himself. He finally entered the city, taking several sharp left and right turns throughout. You both ended up in an alleyway. It was dark, and cold. Your own vision started to turn black, and your fingers became cold.

Muzan propped you against the stone wall, taking each of your hands into his. Like a corpse, his own body felt cold. You hated staring into the eyes that caused so much disparity and death. He looked amused with the aspect of death.

"No, this won't do. I can't have a strong and beautiful Hashira dying on me, right?" Your blood turned to ice seeing him use his nail to create a long, jagged cut along his forearm. Instead of healing, the blood continued to flow. "That nuisance called you Y/N, yes?" He tipped your head upwards, chuckling at the tears that fell and mixed with your blood.