Spilled Paint 💕🍋

Gyokko x Reader
(3rd POV)
*The smut is more subtle than detailed since I thought it would go better with the plot*
Awkward0Artist  🤍
***

"Your shades are a tad bit too dark, Gyokko."

He abruptly paused, dropping his most recent vase. It shattered, leaving the hues of blue and yellow to crumble amongst each other.

"Huh?"

An eye from his forehead and mouth narrowed, sizzling at the broken pieces of pottery. He loved Y/N dearly even though she wasn't like him. Eventually, she'd turn old and weary, leaving Gyokko to live a few more centuries. She had a talent that he cherished, a talent that may have surpassed his own.

She was a master with paint brushes, creating strokes and allusions even Gyokko couldn't manipulate. Sometimes, he'd have her make pottery just so he could keep a piece of her close. The colors she created were magnificent, captivating not just the Upper Moon Five demon.

Gyokko absolutely despised hearing that his art wasn't perfect, but with Y/N, her word was law. How could a measly human, his food make him feel such a way?

"You can either wait for it to dry, and add lighter color on top, or you can burnish it with white."

"Of course, Y/N...I never thought about that."

He sat patiently on her futon, flexing his joints as he did so. Gyokko was in his true form, finding that Y/N preferred the tail as opposed to the multiple small arms. His tail couldn't fit within the entire house, so he manipulated it to be smaller.

While nothing had ever happened between them, there was an unspoken affection that lingered in both hearts.

One was a little more crazed than the other.

Y/N knew what he was, but looked past it. He had helped her during her darkest moments, bringing life back when she thought it was gone. Gyokko wasn't sure why he helped her, honestly. Oh, now he remembered. He saw her paintings, marveled at the detail and creativity. At first, he wanted to steal Y/N away to make her create art for eternity. A few weeks later he realized she was too special to just simply hide away.

Gyokko could smell the stew she was cooking, but felt no hunger. On the other hand, he could smell something else. It was getting closer, it's heart beating with each step.

"There's a man outside your door, Y/N."

She paused, setting down the pot of stew on the dining table. Gyokko slithered away, making himself smaller to fit inside a hallway closet. He could see everything from his position, eyeing the front door with distain.

One knock, two, then three. Y/N hesitantly opened the door, peeking through the crack. In an instant, her smile lit up like a thousand fireworks.

"You came! I made something to eat if you're hungry?"

Gyokko frowned, resisting the urge to grind his teeth. He watched through the cracks in the closet, breathing heavily as the human man stepped inside.

"Oh, that's alright; I'm not hungry. Is that painting still for sale?"

What painting could he mean? Gyokko strained his eyes, leaning further against the closet door to both see and hear. He saw Y/N walk over to one of her draped paintings, and then pull the covering sheet away.