Part Seven

I relax and take deep breaths. I'm too tired to do that again. I have to find a way to escape before they come back. Panic rises to the surface again. I have no idea what they are going to do, I don't know where they are going, and I don't know how long they are going to take. Worst of all... I don't know how to get out.
As I catch my breath, I think about my friend. Where is she? What happened to her? Did she leave the party? I look around, searching for something I can grab with my feet that can help me get out of the cuffs. I tug on the cuffs, but it hurts from how hard I tugged before. Both my legs and wrists have bruised circles around them.
I couldn't hide them if I escaped, my summer outfit wouldn't cover anything. Maybe I can find a blanket or clothes in the closet. My wrists sting with pain and my legs feel numb from having the blood circulation cut out for too long. It would take a few minutes for me to use my legs meaning I won't be able to run right away.
I tugged on the cuffs harder from frustration, but they were too tight. Panic rose in me as I struggled to find a way out. Quickly, I calmed myself down. I can do this. I took a deep breath in and out. Then, I moved my thumb as close as I possibly could get to my pinky and tugged. I pulled and pulled, fighting through the pain until I dislocated my thumb.
I clenched my jaw to keep myself from crying out in pain. I tugged as hard as I could one more time and slowly my wrist slipped free from the cuff. I untangled the cuffs from the bed and tried to move my cuffed hand away but it stopped. Aaron had Damion lock the cuffs to the bed, not just wrap the cuffs around it.
He's smart. The only way I can get away now is if I unlock the cuffs. I wasn't going to give up. I used my feet to open the drawer in the nightstand next to the bed. I sat up as I rummaged through the drawer, looking for a needle, or a pin I can use to break free of the cuffs. A sharp pain hit my foot as I saw an open safety pin stab my foot.
I bit my lip as I pulled my foot to my free hand and grabbed the safety pin out from the bottom of my foot. I quickly picked and picked at the handcuffs until I heard a click. Relief flushed through my system as I uncuffed my other hand. I jumped out of the bed. I pulled my shirt down and zipped my shorts back up. I took the handcuffs and threw them in the trash can underneath a wooden desk.
Never again, would Aaron be able to take my freedom away like that. I rubbed my wrists as I looked around for a way to get out. I knew I couldn't leave through the door because the bedroom was on a second floor, and everyone would see me go down the stairs, including Aaron and Damion. I would be doomed.
I rushed to a window and struggled to open it. I was still sore and weak from my muscles tensing. When I got it open enough, I looked down, out the window, trying to find a safe way to jump. I would land right on top of rocks, probably spraining my ankles which would make me unable to walk or run away.
I looked around the room until I got an idea. I rushed to the bed and stripped the sheets off of it, tying them together end to end. I pulled on the knots, making sure they were tight enough. I wrapped the sheet around the foot of the bed and pulled on it with my whole body to make sure it was secure. I threw the knotted sheets out of the window and got ready to climb. Suddenly the door swung open.