The Stray and The Run-away

Me, Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Blake are walking through Vale, where everything is decorated with bright streamers and all those things. We never really had parties in the Lin Kuei. Weiss stops and raises her arms amazed.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this absolutely wonderful!

I lean over to Yang.

Y/N: The what?

Yang: The Vytal Festival. You've never heard of it?

Y/N: Only in Goodwitch's class.

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda freaking me out.

Y/N: It is a bit unsettling.

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world!

Y/N: (mumbling) Not all of them.

The Lin Kuei are looked down upon here. Because of what we did during the first Mortal Kombat tournament and the Earthrealm invasion. People kind of hate us. But, I believe we deserve it. We're trying to regain our honor. But, It'll take a lot.

Weiss: There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

We then stop by the docks.

Y/N: Why are we at the docks again?

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representitive of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

Ruby: Woah.

We have walked over to a crime scene where a robbery has taken place.

Y/N: What happened?

Detective: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left the money again.

Ruby: Huh?

Detective: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs this much dust?

Detective 2: I don't know. An army?

Detective: You thinking White Fang or the Lin Kuei?

Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

Weiss: Both of them are a bunch of degenerates!

Y/N and Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang are hardly a bunch of psycopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Y/N: And the Lin Kuei have lived in piece for years.

Weiss: They both wanted humanity wiped off the face of the planet! One of them tried!

Blake: Then they are very misguided. Either way it doesn't explain why either would rob a Dust shop in the middle of down town Vale.

Ruby: They have a point. The police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago... maybe it was him.

Weiss: That doesn't change the fact that they both only know how to lie, cheat, and steal.