The Tournament

I'm sitting on the edge of the top of Beacon when Johnny walks up behind me.

Johnny: Hey. What did you need to talk about kid?

Y/n: It's important... for a lot of reasons.

Johnny: Listen, if it's about your eye, you'll be okay in time for the tournaments.

Y/n: No. It's worse.

Johnny: How worse?

Y/n: Really worse.

Johnny: How do you know?

Y/n: It started when Raiden started showing up in my dreams.

Johnny: Raiden?

Y/N: Now everything has changed. And something bad is going to happen.

Johnny: How soon?

Y/N: I don't know.

Johnny: Next time you see Raiden, find out.

He walks away and I'm left alone. I continue looking at the view. It provides a calmness in me.

Cassie: Hey.

I turn around.

Y/n: Hey.

Cassie: How's the eye?

Y/n: I'm getting my vision back in it. It'll be good in time for the tournament.

Cassie: That's good to hear. We need you ready.

She kisses me on the cheek.

Cassie: See you later.

She turns and leaves. I do the same soon after she leaves.

Two days later.

My eye is now healed and I'm ready for the tournament. Team RWBY are currently fighting another team, while my team gets ready for the first round of the Mortal Kombat Tournament.

Alex: You sure you're ready to fight Baraka's kid?

Y/n: More than ready.

Team RWBY wins their match and Port takes the PA.

Port: And now for the first round of The Mortal Kombat tournament... Y/n from Beacon vs Tarak of Haven.

I walk out into the arena which takes the form of a desert.

Tarak: You will die, Earth realmer!

Y/n: Not today!

We begin fighting eachother. He swings at me with the sharp sword like things on his arms but I make an ice sword and fight him with it. He tries to kick me but I block it and knee him in the stomach. I then elbow him in the back of the head. He tackles me and tries stabbing me, but I roll out of the way.

Y/n: Alright, I had my fun.

I freeze his legs to the ground so he can't move. While he's distracted by it, I run up and round house kick him in the face. He falls to the ground as the ice breaks from his feet.

Port: The winner is Y/n!

I walk back to my team.

Takeda: Great job. Let's celebrate!

We go to a noodle resturaunt in the fair grounds and run into Team RWBY and JNPR. We join them and order some noodles.

Ren: Are you sure it was wise to eat before a fight?

Pyrrha: Of course! It will give us energy!

Jaune: If I barf, I'm blaming you.

Nora: Aim it at the enemy!

Ren: Nora, that's disgusting. But if you feel the urge.

I smile and shake my head at them.

Pyrrha: Well, we should be off.

Y/n: Kick their asses, guys.

Nora starts going off about what would happen of they lose and eventually her laughter turns to sobs, so I akwardly pat her shoulder.

Timeskip

I'm watching Team JNPR's match against Team BRNZ. Jaune gives them an order to retreat then they restrategize and go back out. They seem to be getting the upper hand until they just stop fighting. Then Nora just slams them with her hammer, winning the fight.

Port: Now, the second Mortal Kombat Tournament fight! Alex Briggs of Beacon vs Armon of haven.

Alex steps out to face the son of Goro. They start fighting and they seem to be evenly matched, but Alex is getting tired, I can feelt it. Armon throws him onto the ground and then into a pillar. He then punches Alex knocking him out.

Y/n: Shit.

I run down to where I can get to Alex. The others are there too and we see that Alex is okay, just a little banged up.

Alex: I'll be good in no time. I've taken worse hits.

A roar of engines is heard from above when a ribbon adorned aircraft, a blue aircraft, and a yellow aircraft come into view.

Y/n: That's my dad. I gotta go. I'll see you guys soon.

I run to the courtyard and see Akari there too. We look for our fathers and when we see them, we run to them.

Father: Y/n. Have I missed anything?

Y/n: Only the first two rounds of the Mortal Kombat Tournamnet.

Father: Did you win?

Y/n: Of course.

Father: Good. Let's go sight seeing. We have a lot to talk about.

We walk off and talk about how things have been at the temple and how things have been here.

Father: I'm glad to see you are better. Your scar is nearly identicle to mine.

Y/n: Like Father like Son.

Father: That is correct.

We walk towards the fair grounds and talk until night falls.