8 - RB4

"You've got some speed in you, Vegas," Logan says as they finish getting interviewed.

"Well, one of us Americans should be on the podium," Emrys responds, laughing.

Logan mocks her and they laugh even harder, before they were interrupted by a pat on their backs.

"I just wanted to say congratulations," Max said awkwardly.

Emrys gave him a small smile and a thanks before turning and walking away with Logan.

Max is then approached by Daniel and Lando.

"Don't you guys think something is a bit off?" Daniel asks.

Lando turns to him with a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean—" The Alpha Tauri driver looks around him before continuing.

"Mike never even mentioned a sister and back when she toured this place, she didn't mention anything."

"They had an argument after first practice," Max inputs, turning their attention towards him. "Charles and I heard the end of it, it was pretty nasty."

"This is weird," Daniel says quietly.

"Maybe they just aren't on good terms?" Lando says, trying to make light of things.

"Yeah but enough to not even acknowledge each others existence?"

Daniels comment put the three of them in silence. Just thinking, what is going on with the Pierces'?

~~~~ 🏎️💨 ~~~~

"We are definitely going to this party," Ally says, throwing a dress at Emrys.

The mentioned girl lay flat on her hotel bed, letting out a loud groan.

"I just don't see the point, Ally."

"You grew up in Vegas and you don't want to party?" She asks with furrowed brows.

Emrys shrugs and gets up to look at the dress that was thrown at her.

"I must say—" She smiles and hold the small black dress to her body. "You have a great taste in dresses."

Ally smiles and puts her lipstick in her gold colored purse. "You got second."

She walks to Emrys and puts a hand on her shoulder. "You should celebrate."

The manager opens the hotel door and is halfway out when she turns back to face Emrys.

"Oh and I will drag you there if you aren't in the lobby in an hour."

The driver scoffs as the hotel door slams shut.

She takes a quick glance at her phone and hesitates before finally picking it up and unlocking it.

Emrys immediately clicks on twitter for the second time today, seeing that the trending hashtag was still her name.

Taking a deep breath, she clicks on it and hundreds of tweets pop up on her feed.

user_1
Podium? Charles would be there if it wasn't for her 🙄

user_2
have u guys seen her interview after fp1?
|
user_3
empowering... unprofessional tho 😬
|
user_4
agreed. makes it seem like she has something to hide