10 - RB5

A pounding at the door jolts Emrys awake.

She groans and pushes her face into the pillow as the pounding gets louder and louder.

"Who is it!" She yells.

"Pipsqueak if you do not open this door right now, I will knock it down."

Emrys rolls her eyes and stumbles out of bed to the hotel door. Almost tripping over her suitcase on the way. She swings it open and is met face to face with not just Lewis but Ally, and George.

"Wow what a party." Lewis walks in, guiding everyone else and sits on her bed as Emrys closes the door.

"Nice attire but it wouldn't be a smart idea to wear that in public," Lewis says, pointing to her. She looks down and realizes she's wearing only Calvin Klein underwear and a cropped Mercedes sweater.

"I don't know." She lifts her sweater a bit to reveal her matching Calvin Klein sports bra clad with eleven-line abs. "The paps would have a field day with this outfit."

"Uh let's not," Ally says nervously. "It would be a nightmare to handle that. Even if you do have a killer body."

They all laugh as Emrys walks into the bathroom to change. She walks back out with newly brushed teeth, low-waisted sweatpants, and a baggy black off the shoulder Mercedes shirt on.

"Hey wait," George says, pointing at her shirt. "I didn't know we had that kind of shirt available."

"Oh we don't." Emrys zips up her suitcase and stands it up. "I cut the neckline off to make it cuter. I can do it to yours too if you want."

"No thanks." George gets up and grabs Emrys' suitcase as everyone laughs.

"Come on! I think it would look so good on you." They all walk out of the hotel room towards the elevators. "I can even crop it for you!"

"Thanks but no thanks, Emrys."

~~~~ 🏎️💨 ~~~~

"There are races which you count down the hours to. You clock watch because you know action is guaranteed and this is one of them." The exciting and upbeat commentary fills Emrys' ears.

"Good evening, this is Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and welcome back to a venue which hosts our second Grand Prix this season. It is truly unique on what promises to be a race day to remember."

The commentator continues as Emrys grabs her things and shakes off the nerves she has.

Lately, all she's been hearing was that her last podium was a fluke. That there's no way that she could possibly get another one. She's set to prove them wrong, but there's a nagging feeling at the back of her head telling her there's something wrong.

As soon as she gets in the car, the rookie driver closes her eyes and attempts to get in her little zone.

Something was wrong though, she couldn't get in her zone no matter how hard she tried and it didn't help that her time was running out because the light for her to get out of the garage would be going off soon.

"Radio check pipsqueak."

Emrys doesn't reply and furrows her brows. She's getting angry now.

"Hello? Is this working? Can you hear me?"

"I hear you, Lewis!" She snaps, opening her eyes. Not hearing a response, she sighs and realizes that might've been a little bit too harsh. "Sorry, just a lot going on in my mind right now."