13 - F1 W06 Hybrid

It was comfortable. She felt like she could stay like this forever, the past couple of days when she was getting ready for the Jeddah Grand Prix, she could barely get more than an hour of sleep.

She mostly spent late nights alone, looking at data and checking over the mechanics of the car. Barely getting any sleep, at most, an hour and a half and then getting up to work on the car and looking over data again.

It was a constant cycle and she kept to it, not talking to most people, focusing harshly on her performance.

However, her comfortable sleep was interrupted by someone shaking her rapidly.

"Emrys! Emrys! Emrys Pierce!"

The Mercedes driver opened her eyes slowly, trying to figure out who was shaking her so harshly.

A sigh of relief was heard throughout the room and that was when she looked around to see Ally, George, Lewis, and Toto standing around her bed.

"What's going on?" Emrys checked her phone for the time. "Why are you guys here so early in the morning?"

All of them looked at each other as Emrys sat upright against her headboard.

"Emrys honey—" Toto said softly. "What day do you think it is today?"

"March 20th?" She says with a small laugh, looking around awkwardly.

"Mate, it's March 22nd. Not the 20th," George says with a solemn look.

"What?" Emrys scrambles to check her phone and there it was, March 22nd.

"No, but—" She brings a hand up to her head as the headache returns. "I—I swear I just fell asleep a couple of hours ago."

"I think we should take you to a doctor," Lewis whispers, sitting down next to her.

"I'm fine!" She says agitatedly. "I'm fine," she repeats, this time in a whisper.

"I just need to think and get ready for the flight."

Emrys stared at her fingers in her lap, not wanting to look at any of their faces because she knew the sympathetic face all too well.

She eventually heard shuffles and the click of the hotel door.

Emrys checks her phone and sees dozens of missed calls from Logan, Aunt Lev, Lewis, Toto, George, Ally, and even Charles.

She immediately rings her aunt and gets out of bed, almost collapsing as the room turns black.

The driver manages to stay upright when she hears the click of the phone being picked up.

"Hey, Aunt Lev."

"Hey honey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just returning some missed calls." Emrys puts her aunt on speaker and starts packing her things.

"You sure? I haven't heard from you since the race."

Emrys only hums a response, to which her aunt sighs but drops it. "I'll come see you in Australia okay?"