18:00

18:00

This was it, Winter thinks as she approaches the restaurant. As soon as she enters the restaurant, she steps to the ladies bathroom with her bag to gaze at the mirror. She makes sure that her makeup looks as good as possible and that her dress was flowing to the floor properly.

She then uses her hand to smooth her hair which was put up into a tight bun.

When she exits the bathroom, Winter glances at her surroundings. There were round tables everywhere that had white cloths draped over them all. Some people had already arrived and were sitting at the tables, they appeared so formal and smart. Her eyes wandered to the stage set up. There was nothing noticeable but a grand piano in the centre. There were other instruments but they were in darkness. She stepped over to it and moved onto the stage, eyeing the shiny piano in front of her. It looked immaculate. It also looked expensive.

She was so excited to play it but there was still 30 minutes to wait until her starting time of 19:00.

Winter's eyes suddenly caught sight of Joyce, the bartender, waving her over. Her feet step down from the stage and pad over to the bar. She falls onto one of the barstools.

"Are you excited?" Joyce asks while pulling her blonde hair into a brisk, messy bun.

"I am excited but I'm a little nervous now." Winter replies honestly.

"I have just the thing." Joyce tells her before turning around, grabbing a champagne glass and filling it with the golden liquid. "Just one for the nerves." She hands it to her.

"It's a good job that I turned 21 last month." Winter remarks, giggling before taking a sip. She is lost in the sweet taste for a moment before putting it down again. "They all look so smart." Winter comments, gesturing to the people among her.

"I know. Only the wealthy people come to this restaurant, Winter, you should know that." She playfully scolds her. Winter just takes another sip of champagne. "See him there?" Joyce points to a man who must have been in his forties, he had a belly that hung out and he was wearing a suit that featured a brown waistcoat.

"Yeah?"

"He owns a dishwasher company and has a net worth of $2 billion." Joyce states as though it is nothing but Winter's mouth hung open.

"That's a lot of money." She states and Joyce nods. "But I'd say that I'm the type of person who looks past money. If I like the person, I like them for their personality, not their money. My last boyfriend was rich but I liked him for him, I didn't think about his money once."

Joyce nods understandingly at everything coming from her mouth. Winter looks down at her lap at the mention of him.

"Who was your boyfriend?" Joyce asks. Winter didn't know whether it was the champagne or not but she had no problem with telling her.

"Ha-"

"Winter!" She was interrupted by Isaac Williamson, her piano instructor at the club. Winter turns around and is met by him pacing towards her.

"Hello." She greets him. He looks stressed out, his grey hair was combed back and he was wearing a crisp suit. His face was flushed, his cheeks being crimson.

"Hello. Do you remember how to play everything on your set list?" He questions Winter and she nods rapidly. She must had practised everything around twenty times. "Okay good, are you nervous? Do you feel sick? Are you feelings symptoms of being lightheaded or being nauseous?" He ranted but Winter couldn't help but erupt into a fit of laughter at his panicked state. Isaac stared at her blankly.

"Isaac, I'm fine honestly." She explains and he nods before practically running back to the piano, probably to make sure that it was tuned for the fifth time.

Isaac was stressed out but Winter felt fine. Her fingers began playing piano notes against her leg.

"We have landed in New York." The pilot said through the intercom. Louis cheered loudly, making Liam wake from his nap and nudge him hard. Louis and Sophia laughed at his annoyance.

Harry and Niall stood from their seats, making sure their laptops were in their suitcases. Leaving the plane was nice as the fresh air hit Harry, blowing his curly hair out of his face, and he didn't feel warm anymore.

The group of them strolled to the back of the airport, Harry not forgetting to wave at the crowd of fans stood near the front with a grin. He opened the door to the airport for everyone to walk through before stepping behind them.

Niall nudges him after a small while.

"What?" Harry clues and Niall points to the area in the airport ahead of them.

There she was. Jessica. Her brown hair was curled into ringlets and fell over her shoulders. Her fake nails were neon pink and her skin was fake tanned orange, like literal orange peel. She was chewing the gum in her mouth roughly while talking to somebody on her gold iPhone. Harry disliked the sight more than he would care to admit.

He gets close to her and locks eyes with her but she continues speaking into her phone. She eventually says goodbye to her friend and hangs up.

"Hey, baby." She greets him while staring at her phone, no interest shown in him at all.

"Hello." Harry just replies, glaring at her.

"Hey, Jessica." Liam greets kindly.

"Hm." She replies, obviously too busy with gazing at social media to simply greet somebody. Liam furrows his eyebrows before intertwining his hand with Sophia's and beginning to walk again. Louis and Niall didn't like Jessica so they didn't say one thing to her but Harry thought that the 'I hate Jessica' club had also just gained one more member in Liam.

Everyone eventually splits into Louis and Niall, Sophia and Liam and Harry and Jessica. They all get into separate cabs. Harry and Jessica were sitting in the back of one going to the hotel as they needed to get ready for later.

"So, did you get the dress?" Jessica questions and Harry nods to her.

"Good good, is it being delivered to the hotel?"

"Yep." Harry peered out of the window for most of the drive.

When the taxi stopped, they both got out from it, after Harry had paid of course. The hotel lobby looks beautifully designed and much to Jessica's happiness, appeared expensive also. Harry gets the room key and the dress that had been already delivered. They get to the elevator and wait in silence for the doors to open on the top floor that they were situated. Harry felt fatigued, mainly with the stresses of being in a loveless relationship.

"Give me the dress." Jessica orders as soon as the door has closed behind them. He hands her the hanger with the covered item of clothing before turning around and entering the bathroom to splash his face with water. He didn't have the strength to confront Jessica about the way she was acting, he didn't have the strength for anything anymore. He felt vulnerable and he hated it. His feet step out of the bathroom for his eyes to be met by a grinning Jessica wearing the dreadfully pink dress.

"Oh, Harry, I love it so much. It's so nice, wait, what's this?" Her hands reach down to the tag attached to the side of it. Harry panics before coming to the realisation that it was only $1 underpaid and that it was his money anyway. He can spend as much money as he pleases, he just wished he could stand up for himself.

"$799!" She exclaims, wide eyed. "I specifically said $800!"

"It's only $1 less!" Harry replies with a shout.

"Is that all I'm worth?"

"Which? The $799 or the $1?" Harry smirks slightly at his back-chat.

"The $799 obviously, Harry." She states and Harry snorts.

The rest of the time in the hotel is spent with Harry pulling his snowy shirt over his defined torso along with the rest of the suit. He really didn't want to go.

But there was something in his brain chanting him on.