21:00

21:00

You & I ended and Winter was satisfied with the way she had performed it, from start to finish. Her final note was pushed through a key and there was silence for half a second before there was an applause louder than the rest.

Winter turned her head fully to the audience, her eyes following where the biggest roar of applause was coming from.

Her heart skipped a beat as she passed familiar blond hair.

Niall.

He was stood on his feet, clapping like a seal and his cheeks were pulled up; smiling wildly. Next to him was Louis who looked the same way, then Liam who was grinning wide. They all looked pleased with her performance and she felt as though she was dreaming.

Then, her heart finally sank.

Next to Liam, there was the man that she hadn't seen, in person, for the past 8 months.

Harry.

He looked so goddamn beautiful as he appeared as surprised as she did. His hair was longer but she loved it. His features hadn't changed much at all and she realised that she still loved them all. Hell, she still loved him. She wanted to stare at him all night but she had to carry on with the show for a little longer. Harry's and Winter's eye contact ended abruptly as she hesitantly turned back to the piano, looked at the set list and let her fingers touch the piano once again.

She started playing She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. His emerald eyes were branded into her mind, they were so vibrant and amazing, even from a distance.

The confidence from performing in front of her friends fell over her quickly and she skilfully played the instrument still in front of her body.

It is halfway into the song when Winter turns her head once again, to view her old friends and lover. She is slightly stunned, however, when her eyes unwillingly end up on a brown-haired girl perched next to Harry. Her petite body was in close proximity to his, her arm was leaned against his. A wave of jealousy flows through her at seeing such a sight beheld to her eyes. She notices Harry still gazing at her and she glances back to the piano before he notices her feelings practically on display.

Who was she? Was she his new partner? How could he find a new partner during the 8 months when Winter couldn't even stop crying until after 5 months? He must have gotten over their relationship quicker than her and that fact alone brought another splash of tears to Winter's eyes, she didn't let them fall. Not in front of him. Not in front of anybody on that table. Winter knew that she would have to compose herself before greeting them later, she couldn't just walk out and ignore them. She knew them for three years and three years was too much of a long time to do such a thing. Time to put on a brave face, she thought as she continued playing the set list.

"Hey, babe. Are you enjoying yourself?" Jessica asks Harry as she returns to the table.

She had no idea.

Jessica coming back would have potentially ruined his happy moment but it didn't because he simply didn't care. He would watch Winter for as long as he wanted to, regardless of Jessica. His eyes didn't leave her beautiful silhouette connected to the piano upon the stage once, even when Jessica repeatedly nudged him.

Harry notices Winter gaze to their table, an unreadable expression on her face as she searches the table once more. She suddenly turns her face away again and doesn't look back. Harry wonders how she could look away while still skilfully play the instrument.

At this time, Harry takes a moment to bask in the glory of watching her. God, did she look beautiful to him. Her hair was put up but small pieces had began to fall from the bun and he loved it. She had minimal makeup and still looked unbelievable to him. Her whole presence was angelic.