chapter 10

The day kept getting closer..

It was only a couple days before Texas was able to go to the verification place.

Texas checked his phone after he set the surrender flag that Florida gave him on his nightstand. It wasn't until he realized that there was only three more days before it was time for him to leave to go to a "verification place" that UN would tell him to go to. Of course, he was still trying to find a way to escape, as he would always attempt to do.

However, there was an issue with that.

America was still checking security cameras by the front door every so often, a lot more often than usual. Texas would either have to leave late at night or early in the morning. It was always a bad thing for him to leave no matter what. Not until it was time to leave to get verified, which wasn't that long away.

Maybe it was time to stop trying to run away. Obviously it wasn't going to work. What now?

His thoughts were interrupted by America and D.C. just having a short conversation about Texas leaving. He decided to eavesdrop on that conversation they had.

"Ame, it's not that hard," D.C. insisted. "If I were you, I would take him to get verified as soon as possible."
"Look D.C, when I explained... some things, I told you absolutely no one was going to become independent." America explained.
"I know.. but.." D.C. had no idea what to say at this point. They sighed. "It's only one state, it's not like more than half of them are leaving too."

That was when America realized something.

"Fine, if you really want to, just don't send him to be Mexico's state again." America admitted.
"That wasn't what I meant to do but okay."

Texas closed his bedroom door once again, making sure he wasn't caught eavesdropping in the middle of the conversation nearby. Looks like it was only a matter of time before he got caught with his own plans. America then looked over as Texas closed his door. He then rushed up to the door as it was being closed.

"Texas, what the fuck are you doing???" America shouted as he barged into his room.
"N-nothin.. why ya ask?" Texas asked nervously as he tried to step back.
"You can't just spy on me like that? Do you understand me????"
"Y-yes dad."
"Good." America slammed the door as he walked away, frustrated.

Suddenly, Texas' phone starts ringing. Looks like someone is calling him so unexpectedly. He answered the call.

"Hello?"
"Yeah uhh it's me.. Austin. We got a lil oopsie here."
"Oh.. where are y'all?"
"We're at Mexico's place right now.."
"Yeah we're begging him to make you get country!!"
"Ohh I get it.. I'm comin' just wait right there."
"Okay, see ya!"

Texas ran outside, getting in his car as he drove to Mexico's house. He wondered what the hell was going on over there. He turned on some country music as he drove to the place.

Just about 20 minutes later, he finally arrived to see his kids and his twin brother Chihuahua begging to Mexico for something, but what was it exactly? He walked towards them, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Tex...?" Chihuahua looked at him with cute puppy eyes.
"Hey, what's goin on?" He asked as he looked back down at his twin brother.
"My dad.. he's stopping you from becoming independent!" Chihuahua said as he continued looking at his twin brother with his cute puppy eyes.

Austin and San Antonio ran over to him, looking back at Mexico, who was trying to spy on them. The sun was setting behind them.

"Come on kiddos, I'll drop ya both off at cityplace." Texas called as Austin and San Antonio ran over to the car and got inside. Chihuahua waved to them as they went off.

___________________ time skip by roasting bots on c.ai is fun 🤩💀✨

Texas has been at home for the past few hours now, but he would have to leave soon. America walked into his room to tell him something. It seemed pretty important and interesting, and it was!

"Texas, I want to take you somewhere for a moment." America said as he lend out his hand.
"Okay..?" Texas held his hand as they left the room.

They both got in the car and drove to a nearby beachfront.

"I remember I took you here when you were little." America said as he sat down on the ground.
"I'm not sure if I can remember it here.." Texas replied as he looked at the sun setting in front of him.
"Silly. I took you and your siblings here when we first moved to the city," America sighed just before he said something else. "I just wanted to take you here one last time before you go."

Hold on. Didn't America not want him to go? Maybe he just changed his mind.

Right?

"Didn't ya not want me to go?" Texas asked, puzzled.
"Yeah.. but you can go. You really always wanted to so.. I guess you can now." America looked back at Texas. "Wanna head back?"
"Sure." Texas got up and went to the car, waiting for his dad.

___________ time skip by cocomelon :> 😜🤪🥺😶‍🌫️

Once Texas got back home, he was just talking to Delaware about something.

"Dad.. wants you to leave!?" Delaware asked, somehow not understanding.
"No, of course not! It's just.. he'll just let me leave for once.." He replied, realizing that it was his dream to leave for a long time now, so it was going to happen, just not yet.
"Oh, okay. Well I'm glad you can get your dream come true.." Delaware went back towards the bedroom door. "Night Tex!"

"Night, Del."

Texas took a small peek at the beautiful night sky, but now it was time to get to bed for once. The only thing he had to do now was to get verified. Luckily it was only going to happen the upcoming weekend. Only one more attempt to get away, but it changed. This time, there was no more attempts. He wasn't going to try to run off anymore.

The moon cast a shadow onto the windows as he closed the blinds and placed his gold star on the nightstand beside his bed.

It was just a lost cause..

But now getting verified is only just a matter of time away..

Before someone stops him first.

1085 words.
_________________________
if you think i like texas x ame, i would
like you to never read anything of mine again!! :(
jk lol, but if you think i like that ship, you
are on some strong shit-

anyways vote if you think texas will go to the
verification place in the next chapter (11) and comment something
if you think verification is in chapter 12! (ofc you don't have to do
this lol)

see you in chapter 11 :)

message from future me: 3/2/24- hello beeps! i will be editing this chapter as soon as this book is done! i will be editing some pointers people found out (thank you) and that's it. not as heavy as in others. see you in chapter 24!