chapter 20

[ oh yeah this chapter is pretty funny btw. spoilers ahead but rikulandia said that she has been at the verification place for 3 months and it was prison. not gonna tell you the entire thing lol- anyways ima leave you alone. bye bye ]

Everyone was waiting for UN to announce the first person to come up to the stage. Some people were getting their phones put, preparing to record, while some people kept talking amongst themselves. A few minutes later, UN came up to the stage. They grabbed the microphone from the stand.

"I'm so sorry for the delay. We have had some minor inconveniences backstage and I just wanted to make sure everyone was okay." UN tapped the microphone once. "Anyways, we suggest you do not record a person that is not related to you, as they may be uncomfortable with that. Thank you."

The audience applauded as some put their phones away.

"Now, we will have Rikulandia come up to the stage." UN announced, walking off the stage as Rikulandia arrived. There crowd cheered as she grabbed the microphone.

"Uhh.. Hi everyone." Rikulandia shuffled the microphone in her hands, thinking about what she wanted to say. "I have been at that stupid verification place for three months, and I'm the reason why you are here right now."

Some people gasped and got angry when she said that. Those were probably the people who didn't want to be there.

"Yeah, and they are so extremely dumb that they just had to do this."

"Okay, okay, I think that's enough out of you.." UN let her off the stage to go sit down somewhere in the audience. "And that was Rikulandia." Not as much people cheered as expected, but there was still some noise.

"Next up, Solaria may come up to the stage." UN handed the microphone to Solaria as she lit up with joy.

"Hello there everyone!" Solaria said excitedly. "Just wanted to say that I'm so so excited to become independent and meet more countries that still exist to this day." She smiled, pleasing the crowd as they cheered.

"Dang.. Spotify messages be like.." Saharya whispered quietly, trying not to be heard.

"And that was Solaria! You may go and sit somewhere." UN said as the crowd's cheering quickly quieted down.

There was some talking here and there as UN fixed a few things really quickly. Eventually, the crowd was dead silent. UN adjusted the microphone stand a little bit before they began to speak again.

"Alright. Next up, Saharya!"

The crowd began to be noisy as Saharya walked up to the stage. It was like some kind of gameshow, but at the same time, he wanted to take this seriously. He adjusted the microphone stand and took a breath before he got ready to say something.

"Oh hey." He said, beginning to stutter a little bit. "Special shoutout to my mom, Nanatime. I see ya."

The crowd cheered as Nanatime held a washcloth to her eyes to wipe away her tears. She wanted her son to keep going, to keep her crying for a second.

"Uuh just wanna say," He thought about something. "Being independent is definitely so slay."

The crowd cheered much more than usual as Saharya walked down near his mom's seat. Nanatime kept crying as tears kept rolling down her face. She was definitely proud. She let him sit down next to her as UN walked up to the stage.

"We have officially reached our halfway point! You may just talk amongst yourselves for.. ten minutes. Oh yes I remember." They walked off as the crowd began chatting.

"I am extremely surprised they didn't let Texas go yet." America said to D.C, confused.

"Well, from the last time I remember.. They do it in the order of arrival." D.C. replied. "He must have been one of the last ones there for the round."

"Well, I never wanted him to go through this anyway. Such a big mistake.."

"Crickey, Ame! We were only here for a bit." Australia exclaimed.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. This has been boring anyways."

_____________ timeskip by freedomistooloud!! 🦅🇺🇸

UN walked up to the stage as everyone in the audience had quieted down. They grabbed the microphone in joy as they tapped on it a couple of times before it finally started to work.

"Hello everyone, and if you were gone during intermission, welcome back!" The audience cheered as UN started to talk again. "Now, Mimirm, even though he is already independent, may come up to the stage."

As everyone began to cheer, Mimirm walked up to the stage nervously. He grabbed the microphone, trying to find the words to say. His hand shook as he stayed silent.

"Uhm.. H-hello.. I guess I will see all of the countries here again soon, even though I'm kinda not fully recognized yet.." As he walked down to sit somewhere, everyone became to cheer in excitement, even UN clapped quietly.

"Alright, okay, calm down.." UN waited for everyone to settle down as some took their phones out to start recording.

"Take your phone out, Aussie." Florida whispered to Australia, trying not to be heard.

"Thank you. Now, I know most of you are extremely excited for this one. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome Texas to the stage!" More people began to take their phones out and start recording.

UN quickly ran backstage. No wonder they gave Texas all the luxury. Everyone that wasn't related to him in any way was confused.

As Texas walked up to the stage, more and more people began to cheer, but others weren't.

"Uhm.. Howdy y'all, Texas here." He looked down for a bit, then back up at the crowd. "I just wanted to say.. I always wanted to be independent and now I can do that." Florida waved at him, still recording. "Hi Flori."

The crowd cheered as he walked down to sit with America and some of the states. They all were really happy for him, especially the cities.

"Alright everyone, now we have our final future country, Pole!"

As Pole walked up to the stage, people put their phones away, waiting to finally leave the ceremony. Since Pole was really short, UN took away the microphone stand as they were cleaning up the backstage.

"Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I'm finally getting to be independent with my brother!"

Some people cheered as Pole walked down as soon as UN went up to the stage.

"And that was the independence ceremony! I hope you all have a great night and enjoy your newfound freedom!!"

1097 words.
_________________________
danggg, this hits different. we just hit
ten more chapters left of this. maybe soon i will
edit some of it but ill wait until it's done.

thank you thank you for reading and yeahh!