chapter 18

[ boo. im back again! to warn you obviously. there is some mentions of suicide again and there's also some fighting that involves blood. you're lucky you're warned very well and yeah. if you don't like that kind of stuff, i suggest not reading the chapter itself, since its kinda goes from there. also this will get more disturbing so yeah yeah- enjoy! ]

Mimirm kept pointing the knife to his chest, trying to fool the other person, of course. He actually wanted to do this. It reminded him of his brother. He knew that if he did this, something bad would happen. He rethought his decision and put the knife back on the nearby table next to the bed.

"Yes! Yes! That's what I wished for!" The person began to feel happier about him. Little did he know, Mimirm had a trick up his sleeve, and it wasn't good.

.................................................

"I'm surprised you're still not independent yet. Don't they always listen to America?" Pole asked.
"Of course they will, they just think it's up to him.." Texas responded, trying not to react that much.

It was expected for Texas to not react that much. Pole wanted to believe that America had that decision, but of course, America was the best! There was no reason for UN to not listen to America, or so they thought. Texas was a bit embarrassed by this, so he tried to react as if it wasn't his problem.

"Ya know what? Nevermind, Poley."
"Why? You know your dad is not the best."
"I know, it's just.. ya know. It was hard when I was younger."

(haha- i haven't done one of these in a while. don't mind if it's sucky or whatever. im not used to doing flashbacks yet, oh also this is a pov. i know this was all no povs but flashbacks are gonna be pov unlike future books. thanks! :> )

[ this flashback is from 2021 btw :) ]

Life just sucked for me. Ever since America adopted me, I just wanted to go back to being on my own. He would always have his eye on me, but I still enjoyed being with him. One day, somethin' really bad happened that made me not like him as much as I used to.

"Hey Texas. Wanna know something?" America asked as he walked in my room.

"Yeah.. what's up?"

"Well..." I could tell he really didn't want to say this. "I'm so sorry, but Florida got in a really bad accident last night and he's not going to be here for the next two weeks."

"What??"

"Hey, hey. Good states like you don't worry about any of that shit."
"But-" I was gonna start cryin'.
"What did I tell you about crying? Right, don't do that." He walked out of the room, closin' the door behind him.

(okay- that was weird. i had to do so much but it kept autocorrecting words with that little accent at the end! i swear i hate autocorrect. anyways back to story!!)

"Oh that's terrible. Is he okay now?" Pole asked, concerned.
"Yeah, it was around two years ago."

As Pole and Texas got to know each other more, Saharya rushed inside, panicking.

"Guys, guys, Rikulandia just.. tried to punch me.. and Mimirm is also out there fighting with her.."
"Mimmy?" Pole got really excited as he tried to run outside to watch the fight.

"Poley, no." Saharya grabbed him by the hand. "Well, I guess.. just be careful."

Once everyone got outside, the fight continued between Rikulandia, Saharya and Mimirm. Pole was really worried, so he wanted to try to get UN. Solaria also wanted to, but she had to deal with the fight first.

"Hey Poley, can you get UN? I really need to stop this fight."
"Sure! Come on Texica."

Pole and Texas walked away from the fight to the "other" UN office nearby. However, it was a very special day. Not just for the fight happening, it wasn't special. There was just something special about today that was so important. He decided not to worry about that and just worry about trying to get UN.

Once they got there, it was closed. There was a sign on the door. However, as soon as they knew it, UN came back and took off the sign.

"Oh, hey guys! Just came back from a meeting. What's wrong?"

"There's a fight at the verifying place!!" Pole exclaimed, clearly worried about his brother.

"It's okay Pole. Oh, I almost forgot. Happy birthday, Texas."
"What? It's your birthday? Why didn't you tell me??"
"I dunno. I just wanted to wait a bit."

________ timeskip by fortnite bbg 😱😨😎🥰😫

Once they returned, UN broke up the fight and questioned everyone.

"Okay, okay. Tell me everything that happened."

"Rikulandia punched me in the face and I started bleeding." Saharya said, trying not to make it that serious, even though it really was.

"Yeah and she tried to stab me with one of those pocket knives again." Mimirm added.

"Oh, I see.. Rikulandia, why did you do that?"
"I just wanted to get them out of here!"

UN was really confused about this, but at the same time, he knew why she wanted them to leave.

"So Rikulandia, you want them to get independence.. faster??"
"Yeah."
"I see. I can't really alter that for you. You have been here for three months and you're still not independent." UN looked at their paper in disbelief. "I'm sorry but it takes as long as it takes. Deal with it."

"Whatever."

...........................

Later that night, everyone was watching a movie. During one of those boring commercial breaks, Texas' phone rang. It was from Florida, so of course he was going to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Hey Texity!! I have something really really important to tell you!"
"What is it?"
"Happy birthday!! I hope you had the bestest day ever!!"
"Not really, but for me, I did.
"Good! I hope you have the best sleep ever! Bye bye!"
"See ya Flori."

Texas hung up as Pole looked over to him.

"Who was that?"
"My brother."
"Oh.. I would love to meet him!"
"Maybe you will, who knows."

Rain started to fall as the movie turned back on. Was this the best day ever after all? Of course not. Even after all that fighting, it would never be. It was never going to be for him. This would never happen without an issue.

But even after all the drama that occurred..
It was still such a happy birthday.

1083 words.
____________________
this chapter takes place on december 29.
and to all you texans reading (i see you), HAPPY
STATEHOOD DAY RAAGHASYGGYSYGWGSW!!!

i hope you had the bestest day everrrr and yeah! this
was originally going to be the last chapter/author's note release day
but i have a tough schedule, also i was sick a bit :(

so yeah byeee!