eleven| avoidance

She didn't speak or eat with us for the remaining week, always sitting far away from us as possible and avoiding us like we had dragon pox

She didn't speak or eat with us for the remaining week, always sitting far away from us as possible and avoiding us like we had dragon pox. If she saw us in the hallways, she'd be gone faster than a golden snitch. She didn't even look at us.

By us, I mean me.

She didn't speak to me or eat with me. She didn't look at me or sit besides me in every class we have together. Instead, she chose that self righteous prick.

Dean Thomas.

She sat next to him, laughing and leaning against him, her hand on his bicep as if he was the funniest man alive. He smiled at her - that arsehole - and whispered sweet nothings in her ears making her tug on her bracelet from being so nervous.

"You're going to burn holes in his skull if you keep looking at him like that." Draco stated, leaning against the wall in the gardens and smoking a cigarette.

We had a free period, which we were supposed to spend with her until she left us - again, the us is me.

"Piss off."

I grumbled, blowing the smoke up in the air before grinding my teeth together when I heard her beautiful laughter filling up my ears, my senses, my body. Her voice enthralled me, made me weak to the knees anytime she'd answer a question in class or spoke with someone while in my vicinity.

"Just talk to her. Pansy says she feels bad about ignoring us." Draco said.

"I don't care."

"Yeah okay, and I wasn't abused as a child." He mumbled under his breath, quietly laughing while shaking his head as I cursed him in every language I knew.

I know seven languages.

"She's the one that stopped talking to me, not the other way around." I argued, seemingly to no one since Draco couldn't care less. He's heard me talk about her all week, heard me talk about all the little things she did without me.

He heard me cry about her...

I got attached to her, too attached. Somehow between the breakfast banters, the passing of notes in class, the homework's by the Black Lake and the quidditch practices, I got attached to Dalia Ackles.

She made me excited to wake up in the morning, we clicked so quickly that it made every thing - every feeling - twice as strong and twice as painful.

"Pansy said it wasn't your fault. She got into her head and she doesn't know how to react to it."

"I don't care."

"Theo-"

"I said I don't fucking care. Can't you just fucking piss off for once? Merlin's fucking beard." I snapped too harshly and too quickly at my mate.

Draco looked at me with sympathy written all over his face before grabbing his bag and walking away from the garden as I took a deep breath.

"Talk to her or another guy will." Draco's voice resonated in my head before I blocked him out. My shield twice as strong as his.

I watched her from afar, reading her smutty muggle book while pinching her bottom lip between her index finger and her thumb. I knew what part she had gotten to, especially since I had the same copy in my dorm, hidden under my bed.

Her legs were closed together, her chest raising at a rapid rate as she tried to take deep breath to calm herself down. She closed her legs even tighter, her thighs smushing against one another as I fired up another cigarette.

"She feels bad, you know?"

Grinding my teeth together, my face setting into stone as I looked back to find Dean Thomas holding the strap of his bag. He was playing with it nervously as I looked at him, not one emotion written on my face.

"She got scared with her own thoughts. She's not good at communicating, especially with you."

"The fuck's that suppose to mean." I asked, rolling my shoulders back and standing straight. I was a few inches taller than Dean Thomas, giving me the advantage to look down on him.

Prick.

"Never mind. You probably just want to fuck and dip. She's not that kind of girl, Nott."

I didn't even think, I just reacted.

My fist connected with his face, a loud crack being heard throughout the garden as I watched him stumble backwards. He was clutching his nose, blood dripping down his face as he glared at me.

"Run back to your lil boyfriend before I start enjoying breaking every bone in your fucking body." I snapped in his face, blowing smoke in his direction before turning around and walking towards the dungeons.

I was annoyed and pissed off when she came to view. Three buttons undone, short skirt exposing her legs and a loose tie around her neck. Her hair slicked back into a half up half down hairstyle, her curls on full display as I stopped in my tracks.

"Did you really have to punch him?" She questioned, an eyebrow raised as I looked everywhere except her eyes. My own skimmed down her body, her beautiful dark skin that seemed to glow in the sun.

Ephemeral.

"What do you want?"

"Theo-"

"Theo's for my friends. You, are not." I stated, causing her to look down at her feet, rolling on the balls of her feet as I tried not to reach over and touch her.

"I deserve that... " She mumbled, biting the inside of her cheek before looking back up at me. She took a tentative step towards me as I tried not to step back.

I can't have her close to me. Not when I desperately want to touch every inch of her perfect skin. Fuck.

"Can you get out of my way?"

"Just let me explain, alright?" She pleaded, taking another step towards me as I scoffed in disbelief.

"You had the whole fucking week, Dalia."

Throwing her name back with so much venom behind it had my insides flipping and turning. I felt awful and the look of hurt in her eyes had my body almost falling forwards, on my knees, begging for forgiveness for hurting her.

"I got scared of how close we became and how quickly everything came to. It scared me to the point where I got in my head thinking that you don't care. That I'm one of your many conquests, just a name to add to the list of hookups."

She said in one breath, her eyes lightly filling up with tears but she was stubborn, she wouldn't let them fall. Not in public and not in front of me.

Her hand reached out to grab mine, her eyes staring straight into mine as I took a deep breath.

I can't forget what she put me through but I also don't want to live without her.

Get a grip of yourself, Theo. She's just a girl.

"Talk to me. Don't push me away or avoid me again, please." I whispered, my forehead leaning against hers while she squeezed my hand.

Fuck.

"I'm sorry, Theodore."

"Theo, just Theo is fine, Lia."