eighteen| epilogue

- One year later -

- One year later -

I glanced down at the sleeping beauty in my arms, her bonnet keeping all of her curls inside and her pouty lips looking so kissable.

Dalia Ackles looked absolutely mind shatteringly beautiful. Even when she slept.

Her body curled into mine, her hands resting on my skin while mine rested around her. I could feel her hot breath on my chest, tickling every so often as the door lightly opened.

"Theo?" Beatrice whispered, her small body appearing behind the once closed door as I motioned for her to be quiet when she got closer.

"What's wrong, B?" I asked with a frown, knowing it was well over her bedtime. Her hair was in a similar pink bonnet, matching with Dalia and their mother. The three of them loving their Christmas gift from me, which in return made me feel like I was part of the family.

We did every holidays at Dalia's after I had cut all ties with my father and his abusive ass. I didn't need that kind of negativity in my life and I didn't want to bring Dalia and her innocent family into that. They deserved better than to see the darkness of the world.

"I had a nightmare... can I sleep here?" She questioned with a small frown when she noticed that Dalia and I were cuddling.

"You having a sleepover without me?" Beatrice asked which almost had be chuckling if it wasn't for the seriousness of her face.

"Come on. Let's go back to sleep, princess." I whispered, making her a place in our bed and pulling the covers over her when she was comfortable.

Her small body curled around mine, her arms wrapping around mine as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"You going to marry D? You going to leave her like papa did with mama?"

Her sentence broke my heart, having divorced parents wasn't something a young kid should go through. It's a horrible experience and it can change someone drastically.

"I will never leave Dalia, okay? She's the love of my life, I'm going to marry her. Mark my words." I told her as she smiled before snuggling closer to her.

"I love you Theo. You're my best friend." The little girl said, almost falling asleep immediately as my heart swelled up in my chest and the tears threatened to come down like waterfalls.

After our seventh year, Dalia asked me to meet her family. She had mentioned me in a few of her letters but no specific details and definitely not my name. We both knew her mother would freak if she found out we were dating, especially after learning how my father was horrible to her when they worked together at the Ministry.

Surprisingly, her mother was welcoming and happy to see us. She greeted me with open arms and made me feel like I belonged somewhere, that I had a purpose. Dalia's mother never had a problem with me staying over, she loved talking about different plants with me and discussing (and creating) magical devices. I charmed her a table that sets itself up according to the number of people in the house. It's quite useful when there's parties.

Her older brother, on the other hand, was a bit scary. I knew of him when we were still in school but it seemed like he grew and gained muscles over the years. That made him freakishly scary until we found a common point, Quidditch. Axel and I often played sometimes with the Weasleys and Potter, other times just us two. I enjoy his company whne he's not trying to break my kneecaps for dating his sister.

Beatrice and Eli captured my heart the second I saw them at the station after the graduation. They had run up to Dalia with giant grins on their faces, hugging her like she would vanish at any given time. It didn't even seem to bother her when they kept pulling at her gown to get her attention when she was talking with others. The two youngest quickly took a liking to me when I made a dog out of water. Sometimes Dalia says I spoil them too much but I think it's perfectly okay to have a thousand toys when you're young. It's perfectly normal.

"Theo? Why are you awake, sweets?" Dalia's voice filled the silence of the room as I turned my head to look at her with a smile.

"It's nothing, cara mia. Go back to sleep, okay?"

"Mhmm, I love you." She said as I grinned from ear to ear. I will never get tired of her saying those three words. Not when I've been lining on her for ages and ages and ages.

"I love you more."

And I did. I love her with all of my being, all of my person. She's everything to me and I would never change her for the world.

She's my happiness.

THE END

------------------------
A/N hope y'all enjoyed this book. it was such fun to write and to bring these characters to life. i had to cut it a bit short because it was starting to get very personal with theo's character and i didn't want to adventure myself too much into all those unresolved trauma.

furthermore, writers block has hit me pretty intensely and im trying to recover from it by putting all my fanfics out before actually writing my personal books.

bye bye, my lovelies <3333