seventeen| love

Theo was asleep on my shoulder, his hands fisting my hoodie as I played with his hair

Theo was asleep on my shoulder, his hands fisting my hoodie as I played with his hair. My nails scratching his head, twirling some strands and just trying to make him as comfortable as possible.

I had managed to get him back to his dorm, using a lifting spell because there was no way I would've been able to carry him. We were on his bed, he was sleeping peacefully his body every so often getting closer to mine almost as if he was scared I was going to leave.

We must've stayed like that for hours because when I opened my eyes it was already dark outsides. None of the guys had stayed, they were all heading to the party and said they'd crash in the common room for the night. Draco was worried about Theo, especially when I explained to him the state I found him in.

Theo's never broken down like that before. He did cry while watching movies with me and the other Slytherin's but never to the point of making him pass out of exhaustion. I was worried.

"D-dalia." I heard him whisper and looked down at him to see him slowly waking up.

"Hey, sweetheart. How are you feeling?" I whispered in a sweet tone as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands.

He looked so fragile, so broken even after having rested for a long time. Poor baby.

"You stayed."

"Of course I did. I promised, didn't I?" I said with a smile, kissing the top of his head as he pulled me closer to his body and buried his face in my neck.

"Do you want to ta-"
"I'm sorry."

We both said at the same time, causing a silent pause to happen. We stared at each other for awhile, none of us knowing what to say to the other.

"Why are you apologizing?" I was the first to say something.

"Because I'm... I'm so fucked up, Lia. I have so many issues and problems, and my life is fucking fucked and you deserve someone so much better. Someone who can communicate, someone who can be there for you. Merlin's beard, Lia, you deserve the sky."

Theo breathed out, his eyes glancing down to our intertwined hands as I frowned my eyebrows. Who was he to decide what was best for me? What I wanted?

"Theo-"

"I like you, Lia. But I won't corner you, trap you in a relationship that'd cause you more harm than good. I won't let myself ruin you." He added a little more determined now, making my blood boil in my veins.

"Is that how you see yourself? As someone who's incapable of love? Someone who has so many issues and trauma that he can't even fathom being liked- being loved by someone." I breathed out, eyebrows furrowed as I sat up straight, my hands going to his cheeks and making him look at me. His eyes were filled with unshed tears, red bags under his eyes and a red nose that had my heart aching for him.

"Theodore Faustus Nott Jr, you're such an incredible and beautiful person. You deserve so much more than what life has given you. You deserve the world and if I have to tell you every single day then I will. I care about you in a way that I lose myself in you. I like you, I can't keep my sanity when you're around."

Theo looked at me, so many emotions written all over his beautiful face as I swallowed harshly. I didn't know if I was over doing it, I didn't even know if he meant what he said but I couldn't keep hiding my feelings for him. I couldn't let him slip away from me when he's everything I've ever wanted in life.

"Don't push me away." I almost pleaded if it wasn't for my words to be muffled by his shoulder when he pulled me in a bone crushing hug.

His cologne enveloped me like a warm blanket which contrasted with the coldness of his skin as I hugged him even tighter.

"I won't. I won't." He whispered over and over again, his shoulders lightly shaking as I stroked his hair gently and with care.

"You deserve so much, baby. Fuck whoever said you didn't, I'll personally beat their ass." I told him as he chuckled, wiping his tears away before looking up at me with an adoring smile.

"You couldn't even hurt a fly, Lia."

"I grew up with an older brother, I know how to punch." I defended but that only made him laugh more. And I didn't mind.

I love hearing him laugh. I love seeing him express himself instead of shutting down all of his emotions and his feelings. I love him.

"Soo... you like me?" I said, raising my eyebrows at him while he rolled his eyes before pulling me a bit closer so that I was straddling him.

"Has my painfully obvious pinning and honestly very poor attempt at hiding it finally given me away? I like you, Dalia Archer. I can't even fathom a life where you aren't in it. You changed my views on my future, you gave me a purpose, a reason to wake up."

He said, his thumb rubbing my cheek and gently puking my face towards his. His eyes glancing down to my lips as I bite my bottom lip while he groaned lowly. His chest was going up and down like crazy, as if our proximity was going to send him into cardiac arrest.

"Can I do something?" He questioned as I nodded.

"Words, cara mia. Words." Theo said as I whispered a small yes before his lips crashed on mine.

The softness of his lips, the way his hands touched me and how he smiled when I kissed him back had my mind going in a haze and my body feeling like it was on fire.

Theo kissed me like his life depended on it, like he couldn't get enough of me, and I couldn't get enough of him. My hands ran through his hair, gently tugging and scrapping his scalp as he moaned against my lips. I needed him in a way that was unholy, in a way that wasn't remotely healthy but I didn't care. I need him.

"Theo-"

"Be my girlfriend. Fuck, I can't be another second without calling you mine, Lia. You're everything to me. You're my everything." He desperately begged, his lips chasing mine when I gently pulled away.

I could feel the pull, feeling the need to kiss him again, to never let him go. Make him feel like he finally had someone in his corner, someone that would back him up no matter what and wasn't scared to jump in to defend him. I want him to rely on me, to not be so independent and let me take care of him.

"Yes. Yes. Of course, I will be your girlfriend, Theo."

I didn't even finish saying what I wanted to say before he pulled me back in and kissed me senselessly. Knocking the breath out of me as our limbs tangled together and the covers were sprawled everywhere.

"Cara mia." He mumbled against my lips, kissing me over and over again until I could see stars and gasped for air.

Fuck me.

He's perfect.