𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟐𝟑

Bold: Great Sage
Italics: Thoughts
Italics & line: Thought Communication
Bold & Italic: Mind Link

"That should get the forest nice and riled up....Rimuru, do you want to form a pact with me?" Gazel sternly state into the amber eyes.

Rimuru returned the Look with shock and....uh quite silly.

"Don't give that look

"Don't give that look. The one that says, 'What is this crazy old man thinking?'".

Gazel sighs before he continues, "the layout and construction of this town is fantastic. I'm certain it could be the center of a bustling trade network. Such a place would benefit from an established nation ensuring its safety."

"Are you sure?" Rimuru ask Gazel.

Treyni and Kiyoshi looks at each other, Kiyoshi came back just in time to hear something like this. He was dragged back by Shuna who told him that he should not strained himself and let the maids do the chores and not listening to his complain, she wanted to make sure that he's presence during this important meeting just in case things happens.

"That would mean recognizing a bunch of monsters as a proper nation," Rimuru said.

Gazel only nod, "Of course, I am speaking as king. Naturally, this offer is not just for charity. It is an agreement that would benefit both sides."

Rimuru narrow his eyes hesitantly, "Are you sure? You are not trying to trick me?"

"Fwa ha ha! I wouldn't dare attempt to take advantage of the master if a Dryad and my exalted teacher in their presence. I have only two conditions to propose.

One, that matters of grave national danger prompt mutual aid. And two, that we share our knowledge and expertise in with one another.

But, there is no need to rush to an answer. Give the idea some time to settle in your mind," Gazel sips into his green tea.

"....No need."

"Hmm?"

"I gladly accept your offer," Rimuru smile.

Gazel grin and slap Rimuru's back joyfully, "Now that's a king's decisiveness! It's good to see that my fellow student of the sword can uphold a reputation!"

'I couldn't have asked for a better offer. I was expecting a period of no less than decades....before the humans and other humanoid races would accept the idea of a city monsters. But, this is much earlier than I could have-'

"So, what is the name of your nation?" Gazel cut Rimuru off from his thought.

'Eh?'

Rimuru glance towards Kaijin, Rigurd and Benimaru who shook their head in return.

Rimuru scratch the back of his head while laughing nervously, "Well, umm....it's not technically at the level of a 'Nation' yet. I'm the chancellor of the Jura Forest Alliance, but I'm not a king, per se.."