26

twenty-six

I've never been happier to have a chilli cheese nugget than I was right now. Harry and I managed to get Tobi to drive us to Burger King before dropping us at Harry's place. All of us were tired. I can't even imagine how sore their bodies must be. ''Hey, you have your own.'' I slapped Harry's hand after he tried taking one of my nuggets. ''They're all gone.'' My eyes grew at his words. ''Did you breath them in?'' He shrugged. I got 9 pieces, he got 12. I held my bag towards him, allowing him to take one of mine. ''Fat bastard.'' I muttered to which both of us laughed.

The TV was playing American dad whilst we sat in his bed, the blanket over our bodies. ''What did Harrison want earlier?'' I took my eyes off the screen to see Harry on his phone. ''Invited us to his gig next weekend.'' He raised an eyebrow. ''You want to go?'' I nodded. ''Would be cool, don't you think?'' He shrugged. ''You don't?'' Again, he shrugged. ''If you want to, we can go.'' I groaned a little. ''If you don't want to go, you don't have to.'' He dropped his phone before looking at me. ''And you go alone?'' I nodded before popping another nugget in my mouth and handing him the remaining ones in the bag. ''Nope. I'm going with you.'' I chuckled a little but kept my eyes on the screen.

''I'm flying home for the week.'' I suddenly said. Pausing the series, Harry looked at me confused. ''Where's this coming from?'' Shrugging, I put my hair behind my shoulders. ''It's my stepfather's birthday. Just for three days though.'' He furrowed his eyebrows together. ''You... Do you want me to join you?'' Now I was the confused one. ''What?'' He shrugged. ''If it's not too forward. I understand if you'd want to go alone. Thought it might be a way to, you know, meet your family.'' His voice was filled with anxiety.

''I'd love that.'' Actually, I have been thinking about asking Harry to come with me but not knowing how he'd respond I just decided to push it aside. Thinking he'd be busy with filming or anything else, I thought I could ask him some other time. ''How long has it been since you've seen them?'' I smiled a little. ''Four months I think.'' It has been quiet some time since I've seen my family. I haven't noticed it though; thanks to the new people I've met and the adventures I've been on because of them. ''How are they?'' I smiled. ''Amazing. Especially my mom. She made sure I'd get the same childhood that every other kid did.'' The thought of her made me tear up. ''What about your dad?'' I laughed. ''Sperm donor.'' I corrected him. ''I don't even know. Haven't heard from him in nearly fifteen years. But I couldn't care less. Michael is an amazing stepfather.'' He really was. Always making sure I'd feel safe. I remember him trying to give me advice about relationships, which ended up in me staying away from boys for the next two months. ''He's an amazing dad to Finnley though.''

And there it was; tears. I felt them rolling down my face as I thought about my little brother. I missed him dearly. He would've been my only reason to move back. ''Bet he misses you too.'' I nodded and quickly looked back at the screen trying to distract myself. ''I booked us a flight.'' Harry suddenly said, making me look at him. ''But I already have one.'' He shrugged. ''Now you have two.'' I smiled before placing a kiss on his hand. ''Thank you.'' I muttered to which he laid his hand on my back, stroking over it. ''Don't worry about it.''

''Cheers.'' I lifted my pint, taking the first sip. It was 4 and Harry and I sat in a pub, waiting for our flight to board. ''I have a plan for our trip.'' I suddenly said. Harry furrowed his eyebrows at me. ''Today, we're going to Michael's birthday dinner. From then on, I'll take you on a small trip.'' Harry chuckled, shrugging. ''Will I survive? I have a video to film on Thursday.'' Rolling my eyes, I nodded. ''I sure hope so.'' We finished our drinks and walked up to the gate which was slowly starting to board.

''Thank you again for coming with me. I appreciate it.'' I said whilst handing my passport to the stuardess. ''You're coming to Gurnsey with me the next time.'' Harry answered whilst showing the woman our boarding passes. ''Deal.'' We smiled at each other before walking up to the plane.