29

twenty-nine

''This is literally the worst idea ever.'' Vik muttered, sitting on one of the chair in a row. In front of us was a round table with two chairs on each side. ''Recycling.'' I answered whilst checking the lights behind him. He spun around and rolled his eyes. ''This probably won't even make it on the main channel.'' After making sure that the lights weren't too bright, I walked past him. ''It's a funny video though. I know that the last one was good.'' He agreed whilst the rest of the group sat down next to him besides JJ and Ethan. ''Are we ready?'' JJ fixed his tie and clapped his hands after everyone nodded. I quickly walked out of frame before Kon gave us the sign that the camera was rolling.

''Hola and welcome to lie detector part two!'' He said in one of his characters voices. Dramatically walking up to the table, he grinned at Ethan. A sort of belt was wrapped around the gingers upper body, the cables leading from the belt right up to a laptop. ''How are you?'' Ethan shrugged. ''Nervous, mate.'' Everyone chuckled. ''Let's do an easy question to calibrate this thingy. Do you know your dad?'' Everyone laughed whilst Ethan shook his head. ''No, mate, no I don't.'' JJ nodded, staying serious. ''He is telling the truth.'' I stood behind the camera, seeing the whole picture in front of me. The table with Ethan and JJ on the left, the rest of the boys on the left, sitting in a row.

''Do you think you are the hottest out of the sidemen after your surgery?'' Shaking his head, Ethan chuckled. ''No.'' JJ raised his eyebrows, looking at the screen. ''True. Well, who do you think is the hottest?'' Pointing to the side, Ethan laughed. ''Harry, obviously. Have you seen this man?'' Everyone agreed, making Harry shift in his seat awkwardly. ''Have you ever finished under a minute?'' 

The questions got weirder with every answer. After about ten minutes, Ethan was done. I walked up to him, quickly taking the belt off him and patting his back. ''Well done.'' He laughed before getting off the chair and walking up to the row and switching seats with Simon. I wrapped the belt around him before walking away again. ''Forgot how nerve-wracking this is.'' Chuckling a little, he looked at JJ. ''Are you happy that you and Talia got married?'' JJ went right into it. Simon obviously said yes, telling the truth.

''Is there any relationship in this friend group that you don't like?'' I furrowed my eyebrows at the question. ''What?'' JJ grinned. ''Is there any relationship that you don't like in this friend group?'' Simon shifted a little before shaking his head. ''No, I don't really mind them.'' A few seconds of silence before Simon screamed a little. He got an electric shock. ''You lied.'' Muttered went through the group as the mood quickly changed. ''Well, I didn't like it in the beginning, but I got used to it.'' Simon quickly explained. ''Who though?'' Josh peaked up. Everyone was now staring at Simon, who tried his best to hide the fact that he was shitting bricks by now. ''Harry and Joan.'' 

I felt my heart dropping a little before staring at Harry, who was now looking at me as well. ''Mate, what the fuck?'' He said, chuckling nervously. ''I like you two now!'' Everyone could feel the tension. ''I just didn't like the drama coming with it. Didn't think you'd actually stay together. I mean you haven't been in a proper relationship for years.'' Harry looked at Simon and finally realised that he was being serious. I understood what Simon was meaning, but it still felt weird, knowing that he didn't like it in the beginning. ''Are you a nonce?'' JJ suddenly asked, trying to change the subject.

''I really do like you two.'' Simon said whilst I took off the belt. ''Don't worry about it.'' I gave him a soft smile. ''I know what you meant.'' He gave me a relieved smile before switching seats with Harry. ''Hi.'' He said, looking up at me whilst I wrapped the belt around him. ''Hey.'' Lifting his head a little, he waited for me to give him a kiss, which I did. ''Still don't like it, Simon?'' Harry asked, looking past me. Everyone started to laugh. The tension finally disappeared, and I walked out of the frame again.