39

thirty-nine

I felt every stressful thought I've been having leading up to this night, disappear. My face was already hurting from smiling as I took a sip of the wine in my hand. "I'm glad we're doing this." I said, putting down the glass. "Yeah, it's been a while." Ethan gave me a sort of apologetic smile. I felt Harrison's hand on my upper leg as he squeezed it a little. "How was the holiday?" I looked at the pair in front of me.

Ethan called me a couple of days ago, asking if Harrison and I wanted to grab dinner sometime soon. We've been in contact since Harry and my breakup, but it hasn't felt the same. There was always the feeling of awkwardness surrounding us. But after he asked, I felt like it was the start of something new. A restart of not only our communication but also our friendship. We've known each other through Harry, but deep down we knew that even without him and I being together, Ethan and I could be friends. Real friends. We were really similar in many different ways which we only now figured out.

"Lovely. It's just such a privilege to have the opportunity to show Olive the world, you know?" Faith smiled. They've just been to Dubai with Olive for her first birthday. "But, isn't it weird that she won't remember anything?" Harrison butted in. "Yeah, thought so too, mate. But there's just something about seeing that little girl playing in the sand, you know." Ethan was now fully in dad mode. "And there's pictures." I said, shrugging a little. "How about you two? Saw your post about going on tour soon." Faith asked Harrison. It was a touchy topic. "Yeah, yeah, in about two weeks." He gave me a quick look but was saved by our food being brought out. "Will you join him?" Ethan asked after our plates were placed in front of us to which I replied by shaking my head. "I don't think that's the smartest thing to do." Chuckling a little, I started playing with my food. "And I have work as well. I think Harrison deserves some time off." We all laughed before starting to eat.

This was the most adult thing I've ever done. Going out to dinner with a befriended couple, talking about our lifes. "Oh, Ethan, I heard about you lot shooting at the Fountain studios." Harrison suddenly said, making me furrow my eyebrows. "Yeah, quite mad, right?" The men chuckled. "What's that about?" Ethan looked at me and I could already see a proud smile. "We're shooting another talent show but at the actual britain got talent studio." I couldn't help but let my jaw drop. I've seen the production quality in their videos go up but didn't expect anything like that. "Holy shit, that's huge!"

@faithlouisak