43

fourty-three

The flashes were blinding me and I had to turn around and hide my face behind Harrison for a second. "You alright?" I looked up to see him grinning at me. "Peachy." He nodded and wrapped his arm tighter around my waist. The journalists in front of us were shouting our names as we stepped down the red carpet.

"Joan, how are you feeling after winning?" I lifted my head to look at a woman with a microphone pointing at me. Harrison pushed me towards it, following after me. "Hi, hi." I giggled, taking quick, small steps towards her. "How are you feeling tonight, winning newcomer of the year?" My heart was beating fast, it has been for the past couple of minutes. "Overwhelming to be honest. Thank you to everyone, really. I could cry." I squealed, whipping fake tears away. Seconds later I felt Harrisons arm around my waist. "Aitch, how proud are you?" He chuckled, looking me up and down before smiling. "A lot." He said, not taking his eyes off me.

I gave him a shy smile. "Are you celebrating tonight?" We quickly looked to the woman. "He has to get up early tomorrow but I'm going out with a few friends tonight." I looked around and couldn't help but let out a small scream. I lifted the dress before quickly running up to the woman I just spotted. "Talia!" She spun around, now screaming as well. "Joan!" We wrapped our arms around each other, stumbling a little before letting go. "You won!" She pointed at the award in my hand. "So did you!" I pointed at hers. Our faces had big smiles on them as we just enjoyed being there. "Joan, Talia, shot?"

We turned our heads and I couldn't believe my eyes. "How did you get in here?" In front of us was Will, handing us two small shots. I took them, giving one of them to Talia. "Content." He pointed at a camera behind him as we opened up the small bottles. "Cheers!" Downing the liquid, I shook my head and let out a small cough. "Are you coming tonight?" He nodded, taking the bottles back and putting them in a small bag on the floor. "10, right?"

Talia nodded as I felt a hand on my lower back. "I should go." I turned my head at the feeling of Harrisons hot breath against my neck. "I'm coming. See you tonight!" I waved at the two people before connecting my hand with Harrison's. We left the red carpet and were led to a blacked out car. "Should we drop you off somewhere?" I had just put on the seatbelt as Harrison asked me the question. "Cal's please." He nodded and leaned forward to tell the driver where to go.

@aitch

tagged joandumaire

tagged joandumaire

liked by tobjizzl, faithlouisak and 617'017 others

aitch: only taking W's

~ comments ~

user: congrats joan!!!!

user: the way he looks at her

taliamar: we are, aren't we?
- > joandumaire: W

user: mate's whipped

user: i miss joan and harry
- > user: get over it

calfreezy: that's my giiiiirl

arthurtv: she's her

user: and again we see that make-up won't help everyone

miniminter: 🥳🥳

user: bet they're peppered by now

"I'm leaving tomorrow at 4." Lifting my head, I felt my stomach drop. "I guess this is goodbye then?" He gave me a small nod. "Take care, alright?" He quickly got out of the car, opening the door for me seconds later. With his help, I got out as well. For a moment we just stood there, looking at each other. "Don't do anything stupid." He suddenly said, breaking the silence. "You know me." Rolling his eyes, he pulled me in a hug. "That's why I'm saying this." He whispered against my neck. But I couldn't enjoy it for long because he let go soon after. "And don't fuck this thing up." Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked at him confused.

"The thing with Harry. You better get your shit together." I felt like throwing up hearing him say this. "What?" He chuckled whilst walking up to the car. "I'm not stupid, babe." I watched him get inside the car and look up to me one last time. "You two really are meant to be. It's stupid how things went."

He quickly closed the door. Before I could even react, the car started driving off, leaving me at the side of the road. "Joan!" Turning around, still confused, I saw Lux and Tobi walking up to me. "Hurry up, everyone's upstairs already." Tobi wrapped his arm around my shoulders, leading me up to the front door. "Who was that?" I turned my head to see thag Lux was still looking at the car which was speeding off into the distance. "Harrison." Tobi rang the door bell, looking at me confused. "He's not coming up?" I shook my head. "We broke up." I said, staring at the door in front of me. Tobi tried to say something but was interrupted by the door buzzing.

"Another reason to get shit faces, aye?" Lux wrapped his arm around my shoulder whilst we got inside.

Not much later, we stood in front if Cal's door which was ripped open only a few seconds after we arrived. "The winner has arrived!" He bowed a little, stepping to the side to let us walk inside. "Alright, calm down." I chuckled whilst he got back up and wrapped his arms around me. I peaked my head around the corner to see Chip being there as well.

"Where's the rest?" Cal walked up to the kitchen, pouring all of us a drink. "We're waiting for Theo to get done on the toilet. The others are already at the club." I took a sip of the drink, grimacing a little before nodding.

Cal was replaced by Chip as I was watching the people in front of me. The mood was immaculate. "Did you talk to him?" I nodded, taking another sip. "One of them." He smiled as we continued looking at our friends. "It wasn't Harry, judging by the fact that you're standing here alone?" I nodded. "What's with Boggo?"

Cal leaned over the counter in front of us. "Is he on his way yet?" Chip asked, making Cal laugh. "He didn't tell you?" My eyebrows furrowed together. "Tell us what?" Cal was already a little intoxicated, I could tell. "He's on his way to the airport. You know? The trip he's been planning." My heart dropped. "Right, forgot that you two ain't talking."

Lost for words, I looked at Chip who was just as confused as I was. "Wasn't that planned for next week?" Cal shrugged. "Guess something made him change his mind." I quickly grabbed my phone to see if he's replied to my message. Read.

Without thinking any further, I put the glass down and walked up to the front door. "Joan? Where are you going? Theo's still taking a dump." I opened the door, ordering an Uber with my free hand. "The airport obviously." That was the last thing I heard Chip say before I shut the door behind me. Starting to run as fast as the heels would carry me.

I couldn't believe he'd just leave without saying anything, not even a goodbye.