16-20

Situ

As Lin Sanzhu spoke, he took the pork back from his mother's hand. When he saw his elder sister-in-law, second sister-in-law, and Mrs. Feng were nearby, he hurriedly handed the meat over.
  Feng's reaction was the quickest. She took the pork handed to her by her husband and rushed towards the kitchen like flying.
  Mrs. Zhou and Ms. Liu quickly followed, and the sisters-in-law prepared to cut the meat quickly before their mother-in-law could stop her.
  And the few little ones, who were originally surrounding their own milk, immediately changed to guarding the door of the kitchen, looking nervous for fear that the pork would be snatched away.
  Mrs. Wu was really angry and funny, but more importantly, she felt distressed. It’s no wonder that the children would protect their food like this. The last time they ate meat was in mid-autumn in August.
  Forget it, she won't be this annoying bad grandmother anymore. With a wave of her hand, Wu just boiled it all!
  When the three sisters-in-law heard this, they immediately breathed a sigh of relief. After all, there is a difference between mother-in-law speaking and making one's own decisions.
  The little kids finally felt at ease and couldn't help but smile.
  Mrs. Zhou is a quick person. After washing the pork in water, she used a kitchen knife to cut the fat and lean parts into pieces. As for how big the pork should be cut, she was also particular. There were seventeen people in the family. At the very least, it was necessary to ensure that everyone Only if people can be divided into two pieces.
  After washing up, Lin Sanzhu went to his parents' room. Old Lin saw the tired look on his face and saw that the patch on the back of his clothes had opened again, so he knew that his youngest son must be carrying sacks again.
  Wu wanted to say something distressed, but she immediately remembered what the old man had just said to her.
  Also, the third child has finally grown straight, and he can't hold him back.
  "Mom, do you have any thicker old clothes here? Give me one." Lin Sanzhu asked.
  Wu was puzzled, "What do you want old clothes for?"
  "Put them on over your cotton-padded clothes to prevent the burlap bag from scratching your clothes."
  He saw many people wearing this today.
  Old Lin was stunned, "Are you going to the dock tomorrow?"
  Yes, Lin Sanzhu nodded, "My son wants to buy an inkstone for the dog."
  He had to take advantage of the abundant cargo at the dock a few years ago to carry it for a few more days. Today, I heard from Lin Shi and the others that in about ten days, the surface of the river will be empty. It's bound to freeze over, and then the ship won't be able to sail, and there will be no cargo to carry.
  So he had to save up the money to buy an inkstone quickly before the river froze.
  Lin Sanzhu had already calculated it. Based on the salary of 30 cash a day, he only had to carry the sack for seven days to buy back the 200 cash inkstone.
  After hearing this, Lao Lintou didn't say much. He turned to Mrs. Wu and said, "Go and find it for the third child." The
  pot was boiling over high heat, and cooking was naturally fast. No, a big bowl of braised pork was finally served to the children. It was served to the table amidst repeated calls.
  It's no exaggeration to say that it's a thousand requests. Just a few little guys would run to the pot and ask "Is the meat delicious?" from time to time no less than twenty times.
  Mrs. Wu roughly counted the pieces of braised pork, and there must be two pieces for each person. The eldest daughter-in-law is worthy of her true inheritance.
  With the food in front, Mrs. Wu didn't waste any time. She picked up her chopsticks and started to share it with everyone. First, she put two pieces into each person's bowl. After one round, she found that there was still some meat left in the bowl, so she gave a few more pieces. Take another piece of the small one, and then the broth. In order for everyone to share a spoonful, Zhou specially added an extra ladle of water to the pot when cooking the meat.
  After dividing the pork, they divided the steamed buns, again to two adults and one child. Then, Mrs. Feng and Mrs. Liu brought over a jar of polenta and pickled radish that had just been taken out of the jar.
  Lao Lin opened the bowl and started eating, and the whole family started eating.
  To Lin Yuanqiu's surprise, the devouring food he imagined did not appear. In the main room, adults and children were all savoring the food in small bites, as if it was eaten too quickly and it was not considered meat.
  As for the oily broth, it is naturally the most delicious when used to dip steamed buns.
  Touching his swollen belly, Lin Yuanqiu felt that tonight's meal was the most enjoyable meal he had eaten since he came here.
  It was hard to light the oil lamp for half an hour. Mrs. Wu felt a little distressed and urged everyone to go back to the room quickly, "It's getting dark. You don't have to spend money to buy lamp oil. Why don't you go back to the room and sleep!" The little
  kids They dispersed in a hurry, and then went back to their respective rooms happily.
  Lin Yuanqiu felt that it was actually quite good to live in ancient times when the population was prosperous. Children here never had to understand what loneliness was. They had endless words and endless chats with their brothers and sisters around them every day. Although they lived a poor life, they still had endless conversations. Lovely.
  ...
  Back in the room, Lin Sanzhu took out the porcelain bottle he bought. It was a small one with a small cork stuck at the mouth of the bottle.
  Seeing the cheap dad hand the bottle to him, Lin Yuanqiu wondered, OK, what are you doing with an empty bottle for yourself?