131-135

Now, he has nearly 4,000 taels of silver notes in his hand.
  Lin Yuanqiu was definitely worried about keeping so many banknotes in his dormitory, but he felt it was unnecessary to store the money in a bank, so he planned to buy a house.
  Based on the fact that the shop he bought last year has gained twenty taels of silver this year, Lin Yuanqiu thought that it would definitely be more cost-effective to spend the money on buying property than to save it.
  It's just that we have a plan, but it's difficult to implement it. After searching for many days, I still couldn't find a suitable house.
  Originally, Lin Yuanqiu wanted to buy a few shops to put in, thinking that even if he didn't run them, it would be cost-effective to rent them out to collect the store rent. But after he visited Zhou Zixu's new house last month, he changed his mind.
  What Zhou Zixu bought was a small courtyard with one entrance, three main rooms, two east and west side rooms, and a back garden of sixty-seven cents. He spent a total of more than seven hundred taels of silver.
  This money was what Zhou Xing had given him to buy Zhuangzi before, but things like Lin Yuanqiu's picking up leaks didn't happen all the time.
  No, nearly a year had passed, and Zhou Zixu still couldn't find a Zhuangzi with the same amount of money as Lin Yuanqiu, because all the Zhuangzi in the tooth shop were worth no less than one thousand taels. Under this situation, he could only gradually give up on buying Zhuangzi. My thoughts turned to looking at the house.
  Zhou Zixu’s idea is that if he buys a house, he can live there from time to time. In this way, he will no longer be restricted by the schedule and rest rules of the Imperial College. He does not have to keep track of the time to return to the Imperial College every time he goes to the teacher’s place. .

  And after we have a house, there will be no need to stay in an inn when someone from the family comes to the capital.
  As for Zhuangzi, anyway, his uncle's house is no different from his. If he wants to go there, he can go there at any time, so it doesn't really matter whether he buys it or not.
  Thinking of this, Zhou Zixu seemed to suddenly become enlightened. I bought the house within a month.
  Later, a concierge and a cook were added, so that when he or his teacher took a bath, Zhou Zixu would live directly in his house, so he wouldn't have to rush for time.
  The prerequisite is that you have to apply with the chief of the prison, but this is a simple procedure, and the other party will not be embarrassed. This is the case for many students of the Imperial College who live in the capital.
  Lin Yuanqiu also went to stay with Zhou Zixu twice and found that he was much more comfortable with his time. Immediately, I was aroused to want to buy a house.
  After counting the current savings, it was no problem to buy an ordinary three-bedroom house, so I went to Yahang to find a house.
  If the family has a large number of people, it is natural to buy a bigger house. In fact, Lin Yuanqiu felt that it was more appropriate to enter the courtyard four times rather than three times. It's just that for the price of nearly five thousand taels, he doesn't have enough money on hand, not to mention that Sijin Mansion rarely sells it, so even if he has money, he may not be able to buy it.

  Not to mention the ones with four entrances, there are three entrances. The ones I finally found were not the type I wanted. Either the front yard was too narrow, there was a lack of cross-yard, or there were only two or three back rooms.
  So the search took more than a month.
  Therefore, when he heard that Li Yaqi said that there were officials' confiscated property for sale at Rongsheng Yaxing, Lin Yuanqiu came over after class.
  Guan Yashi's income was guaranteed by droughts and floods, and his attitude towards guests was certainly not as hospitable as that of Shi Yashi. Seeing that Lin Yuanqiu was still young, he couldn't be the person in charge of the family, so after hearing that he wanted to buy a house, Yashi easily Pointing to the wall where the paper was posted, "The rest are all posted here, you can see for yourself."
  Lin Yuanqiu didn't care. No matter how mature he was, his eighteen-year-old face showed his attitude to others. It's normal to be perfunctory.
  He'd better take the time to look at the house.
  Thinking like this, Lin Yuanqiu turned around and looked at the wall carefully.
  Zhuangzi, shops, houses, fields, everything is really there. However, Lin Yuanqiu saw that most of the properties posted on the wall were circled, and he knew that this meant that they had been sold.
  So looking at so many, there isn’t much left.
  There are still two houses in Sanjin, but judging from the area marked above, they should not have a cross-yard. Looking at the price, one is 2,800 taels and the other is 3,000 taels.
  Now that you're here, you can't go in vain.
  Lin Yuanqiu planned to go and see both of them later. Maybe he would be satisfied if he went to see them on site. After all, the price was here.
  But when he was about to tell Yaqi that he was going to see the house on site, the corner of his eye glanced at the piece of paper that said Sijin House. It seemed that there was an area that was not circled. Lin Yuanqiu hurriedly walked over to take a look. Sure enough, it was not for sale. There is another one at the fourth entrance to the house.
  Holding back his excitement, Lin Yuanqiu hurriedly took a closer look. Lin Yuanqiu knew Nanluogu Lane in the east of the city. The residences of many officials in the capital were there.
  Looking at the area of ​​the house, it was one hundred and eighty square feet. Lin Yuanqiu calculated in his mind that one acre is sixty square feet nowadays, so one hundred and eighty square feet means three acres of land. From this point of view, this four-acre house You must have brought something with you across the courtyard when you entered the house.
  When Lin Yuanqiu saw the final selling price, he was stunned. Three thousand six hundred taels?
  Did you read it correctly? This is a house covering an area of ​​three acres.