236-240

Lin Yuanqiu quickly recognized it. What was in the box was the number one hairpin he wore when he won the first prize and attended the Qionglin Banquet. He had given it to his sisters as dowry.
  "Brother, give these number one scholar hairpins to Bao'er. I hope he can be like my brother and win the number one scholar in one fell swoop in the future."
  At this point, Chunyan and Chuncao's eyes were filled with gratitude. When they first got married, they had given these pair of number one scholar hairpins to Bao'er. It makes them gain a lot of face in their husband's family, and also makes their husband's family respect them a lot more.
  Now that my brother has a son, he naturally has to let his nephew pass on the pair of hairpins. After all, this is his brother's glory and an heirloom of their Lin family.
  Lin Sanzhu understood what the girls meant. He nodded and took the brocade box. Looking at the golden flower branches, he quickly remembered how happy he was that day when his dog became the number one scholar. Then he looked at the sensible and filial children in front of him. He had never felt anything like this before. of satisfaction.
  At this time, Ping An hurriedly ran in, "Master, young master, the imperial edict is here!"
  What, the imperial edict?
  Lin Sanzhu's eyes widened. Why did he suddenly get an imperial edict?
  Lin Yuanqiu was also a little puzzled. He didn't see any sign that the Holy One was going to give him an edict yesterday. However, based on the praise that the Holy One had for him yesterday, it is very likely that today's imperial edict should be a commendation.
  Lin Yuanqiu didn't waste any time and hurried out to greet him.
  Lin Sanzhu and Ping An quickly prepared the incense table.
  The person delivering the imperial edict was Eunuch Wu. Lin Yuanqiu saw that behind Eunuch Wu, there were several soldiers carrying wooden boxes.

  "By the destiny of heaven, the emperor has decreed that the court should be benevolent and the people should be supported first. Lin Yuanqiu, the prefect of Shizhou, has been generous and kind to the people. He has improved farming and increased the grain yield. This is a move that benefits the country and the people. I It’s really comforting. I’m going to give you a special reward of one thousand taels of gold. Xi Zhi ordered me to play. I hope you will still be diligent and live up to my expectations. Thank you!” After the edict was announced, there was another edict, and soon Eunuch Wu came up with another edict
  . The imperial edict of Juan Fenggao comes.
  ······

Chapter 223: The Imperial Order
  Hearing that it was an imperial edict for the imperial conferment, Lin Yuanqiu quickly remembered the memorial he had submitted for the imperial conferment. So, had the emperor approved it?
  Lin Sanzhu knelt aside. Of course he understood what "a royal decree" was. He knew that this was the imperial court's intention to grant a royal decree to the female family members. He also knew that it was because Yuan Qiu was a good official that he asked the Holy One to grant it. Such grace.
  At this time, Lin Sanzhu only thought that his daughter-in-law had received the title, and didn't think much about it.
  Eunuch Wu also did not write ink. After unfolding the imperial edict, he quickly read out aloud:
  "Inherited by heaven, the emperor said, the tree has made great achievements in the marching array, the sound of farming and reading in the family, the glory will last forever, and the kindness will be extended to the family. Shizhou Magistrate Lin Yuanqiu's grandmother, the Wu family, was diligent, frugal, gentle and considerate. In recognition of Qin's kindness, she was granted the rank of a fourth-grade honorable person in the opera. Zhi said that Lin Yuanqiu's mother, Feng, the prefect of Shizhou, was promoted to an official position, and the mother was honored by her son. , I hereby use Qin En to designate you as a fourth-grade Gongren, Yuxi. Zhi said that the wife of Lin Yuanqiu, the prefect of Shizhou, is Zhong, a scholar of Dali, and Hui Xinlan Zhi. I hereby use Qin En to designate you as a fourth-grade Gongren. In the play."
  Since several of the parties involved were absent, Lin Yuanqiu took over the imperial edict, "I would like to thank you for your kindness. Long live my emperor!"
  Hearing that his mother had also been conferred an imperial edict, Lin Sanzhu was so excited. I had the urge to cry, feeling that I had earned face for my mother.
  Isn't it just to earn face for my mother? He gave birth to the dog. Doesn't his son's success mean that he strives for success?
  And the child’s mother, I think she will be extremely happy when she finds out that she has also been granted a fourth-grade imperial title by the Holy Emperor.
  ······
  Within a day, the news that Lin Yuanqiu, the prefect of Shizhou, received a commendation from the Holy Emperor, quickly spread throughout the court.
  As for the reason for the award, everyone also learned the reason from the next order issued by the Holy Spirit. In the notice, Emperor Jingkang detailed the fact that Shizhou Prefecture had improved rice cultivation, thereby increasing grain income, and also attached detailed grain yield per mu.
  Everyone was shocked when they saw that with the new planting method, the people not only harvested earlier, but also produced 30% more food per acre. If one acre of land can produce more than one hundred kilograms of rice on average, then all the fields in the entire Da Jing Dynasty will be harvested, how much more food will be harvested.
  This is really a great political achievement that benefits the country and the people.
  You know, this is food that is related to the lifeblood of the country.
  It's no wonder that the Holy Emperor directly rewarded him with a thousand taels of gold and also granted imperial titles to the female family members in his family. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as granting imperial titles to three generations of female family members in one go.
  However, there are those who hold different opinions. In their view, such political achievements of enriching the country and reassuring the people should be directly called merits.
  But for such a great achievement, the Holy One only rewarded him with a thousand taels of gold and a title of grace. He was not promoted. It was too stingy. It seems that the words that everyone said earlier that the Holy Master valued Lord Lin may be wrong.
  However, everyone can only keep this idea in their hearts. If they express it with their mouths, they may not be blamed for questioning the injustice of the Holy Emperor.
  But the experienced veterans were thoughtful.