You Saved Me (Cedric Diggory x reader)

(a/n: reader has the Sight. Also, the original request asked for no angst, but given the subject of the request, that was impossible. That said, I like to think I limited the angst.)

"This is a bad idea, Cedric," you muttered as you walked with the teenage boy toward the Goblet of Fire. From the moment Dumbledore had announced the Triwizard Tournament, you had felt an unease settle over your heart. Maybe it was your intuition or your gift of Sight, but you were worried. You just knew something bad was going to happen to the Champions. To Cedric. Cedric simply gave you a charming smile. "It can't be that bad, right?" You bit your lip in worry.

*Time skip*

It was that bad. Of course it was. Cedric was in danger time and time again during the tournament. And it had been no picnic for you either! Watching your boyfriend take on a fully grown dragon, being dragged to the bottom of the Black Lake, and having to learn how to dance so you could accompany him to the Yule Ball was too much for you. And that feeling of dread never left you the entire time. In fact it grew worse. Something bad was going to happen.

"Cedric, please. I need you to listen to me," you pleaded. Cedric turned to you and smiled. "I am listening, love." You shook your head as anger came over you. "No you aren't! Cedric, I am telling you that something horrible is going to happen to you. Something you can't come back from!" At last, Cedric frowned. "Cedric, has my intuition ever been wrong? Please, I am begging you."

"I can't just quit, Y/N! It's a magical contract. Besides, I need to do this for the school. Unless...you're rooting for Potter." He said it jokingly, but you were furious now. "To the devil with the school. And I don't give a fig about Harry Potter. I am worried about YOU!" As soon as you shouted the last word, you froze as you were assaulted with a vision.

While you had been born gifted with the Sight, you rarely had visions. Your gift usually manifested in the way you felt, your intuition. When you did have visions, you knew then that people would have to listen. So, you watched, helpless to stop it as some force you could not see sent a curse at Cedric. An agonized scream ripped from you alongside the vision of Cedric's father when you realized that Cedric was dead.

You came out of the vision to Cedric shaking you, looking pale and frightened. "Are you alright? You were screaming," he asked with his voice laced with worry. Your entire body shook helplessly and you tried to convey what had happened. After helping you calm down, Cedric helped you to sit and rest. You caught your breath and began again.

"You're going to die. I-I watched you die, Cedric. If you succeed in making it to the end of the third task, you will be murdered. I saw it. I felt your father's agony at losing you. I felt my own heart breaking." You met Cedric's gaze and for once, it seemed like he was finally taking your warnings seriously. He kissed your forehead. "Alright. We'll figure something out. I don't know what, but I will figure something out before the task tomorrow. I'm sorry I put you through so much pain, love." He held you until you stopped shaking.

The next evening, you waited in the stands with all the other spectators. Cedric met your eyes and he smiled as he turned to enter the maze that held untold challenges and horrors. You hated that all you could do was wait. Your vision remained in the back of your mind, occasionally making your knees shake. Cedric had not told you of his plan, but you trusted him to do something. Anything.

After what seemed like ages, red sparks lit up the sky. One of the champions was unable to go on. Your heart deflated a bit when you saw that it was Fleur being pulled from the maze. A while later, more sparks. Viktor this time, but something wasn't right. He didn't look like himself. Almost like he'd been cursed. Now you were even more worried for Cedric.

Fortunately for you, another set of red sparks appeared a little bit later. You nearly cried in relief when Cedric was pulled from the maze. You ran down as quickly as you could, hearing Cedric explain to the heads of the schools that he had watched Harry disappear as soon as he laid hands on the Goblet. It had been a Portkey! When Cedric saw you, he instantly opened his arms, allowing you to collapse into him. You didn't care that he was filthy. He was alive.

Your happy reunion with Cedric was cut short when Harry suddenly appeared, panting and bleeding. "He's back! Voldemort's back!" Your eyes met Cedric's again. Voldemort would have done anything to get to Harry, including killing anyone in his way. If Cedric had grabbed that Portkey, he'd be dead for sure just like your vision.

In the chaos of Harry's revelation, you and Cedric were able to sneak away for a few moments. Cedric wrapped his arms tightly around you as soon as you were alone. You could feel him shaking. "You saved me, love," he whispered. You pulled back slightly to look at him and smiled. "Hopefully I never have to, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I love you, Cedric and I want you with me for a very long time. Forever, if possible." He laughed lightly. "Forever it is. I love you, too."

He leaned in to kiss you, only to be interrupted by a soft clearing of someone's throat. The two of you looked up to find the Weasley twins. "Oh, don't mind us," one said as they both smiled. "Yeah, just came to warn you that Rita Skeeter is looking for Cedric here." You rolled your eyes. You hated that woman. You grabbed Cedric's hand and practically sprinted to the Hufflepuff Common Room. Cedric's laughter echoed behind you as you ran.