Breakfast Interrupted (Draco Malfoy x reader)

(WARNINGS: There is very brief, non-descriptive mentions of torture in this. Bellatrix is involved. I don't think it's triggering but it might be so I figured I'd warn you.)

You were the one good thing Draco had in his life at the moment. You were his happiness. When he had to cast a Patronus, times with you were Draco's happy memory. So when his mother agreed to letting you visit during your break from Hogwarts, Draco jumped at the chance to spend time with you, especially since the Dark Lord hardly stayed at the manor anymore.

Draco was lying in bed, not sleeping as usual, when he heard the soft knocking. "Draco?" He smiled at the sound of your hushed voice before he beckoned you to come in. "Can't sleep?" You shook your head. Draco scooted over and lifted the sheet, silently inviting you into his bed. You didn't need any further persuading. You were by his side in an instant.

You sighed in content, making Draco laugh softly. His fingers instantly began to trace patterns on your back. "I like this," you muttered, "Away from all the fear and panic. In our own little bubble." Draco's fingers stopped for a moment before they continued. You knew exactly what he and his family were, but you never held it against him and he didn't have the courage to ask you why.

"So do I, Y/N. I-I love you." You looked up at him and smiled. "I love you too." Draco pulled you a little bit closer and held you just a little tighter. You were right when you said you were in your own little bubble of happiness. Draco wanted to stay in that bubble as long as possible before returning to reality. Outside of his bedroom, Draco had to be that sneering bully everyone thought he was. Only you got to see the real Draco. The seventeen year old boy who was scared for the future. "So, since we both can't sleep, how about we just talk? I know something is bothering you." Draco sighed as his kissed the top of your head. He knew how much you loved it.

The two of you remained like that for hours. You tucked into Draco's side, his fingers running up and down your spine as you talked about your worries and concerns. You talked about anything and everything under the sun until you both finally drifted off to sleep. It truly was one of the only ways Draco could fall asleep now; you being in his arms.

You had no idea how long you slept, but you woke up to the sound of Draco talking to someone. Your eyes fluttered open and you smiled at the house elf who was setting down a tray of what you assumed was breakfast. Draco turned to you and smiled. "Morning. Or afternoon rather."

"Afternoon. Breakfast in bed?" Draco nodded, bringing the tray over and sitting back down next to you. You gave him a quick kiss on the lips before turning your attention to the food. "What are your plans for the day?" you asked in between bites. Before Draco could answer, there was a knock on his door. You weren't technically supposed to be in his room, but you didn't have time to hide either. The door burst open and Narcissa stood there breathless. Her eyes met yours for a brief moment and you could see the disapproval in them. It didn't last long however before she turned back to Draco.

"Draco, you're needed downstairs. Dress quickly." With furrowed brows, Draco rose from the bed. "I'll go. Meet you at the stairs?" Draco nodded, prompting you to leave and dress as well. You met up with Draco who looked tense and frightened. You gently took his hand and gave it a squeeze. It would be the last time you'd be allowed to touch him. His aunt wasn't fond of any type of physical affection.

You followed silently after Draco. "Draco, there you are!" Bellatrix exclaimed. "Draco, this is important. Look." You followed Bellatrix's gaze to the prisoner in front of her. To you there was no doubt that it was none other than Harry Potter. Granted, you were closer to Harry than Draco would have liked.

"Is is him? Is it Potter?" Bellatrix asked. Only then did you realize you had tuned out of the conversation. Your eyes flickered to Draco. Draco discreetly met your gaze for a moment. "I-I can't tell. Sorry. It might be him. But it might not." Bellatrix and Lucius both looked infuriated. Lucius rolled up his sleeve anyway, prepared to call the Dark Lord. "Father, is that wise? We are already in trouble with the Dark Lord as it is. If we call him here for nothing, he will be angry."

You wanted to smile and cheer for Draco. You didn't know why he hadn't turned Harry in, but you were proud of him. He really was the Draco you knew underneath all the fear and forced obedience. You hadn't noticed Bellatrix staring at you. "What about you? Y/N, isn't it?" You jumped a bit at the sound of your name being spat out.

"Do you recognize this boy as Potter?" She grabbed your arm and dragged you closer. From the corner of your eye, you could see Draco trying to keep his cool. You were forced to look down at a swollen-faced Harry. Clearly someone had hit him with a jinx. "Is. It. Potter?!" Bellatrix shouted, making you jump again.

"I really don't know. It's hard to tell, isn't it? It's possible it's him. Or it could be someone else." Bellatrix scoffed before pushing you away toward Draco. "Return to you breakfast, Draco. Y/N," Narcissa ordered softly. As Draco lead you away, you heard Ron's screams for Bellatrix to leave Hermione alone.

Those screams followed you all the way back to Draco's room. As soon as you were sure you wouldn't be heard, you turned to Draco. "You didn't tell them that was Harry. Why?" Draco just shrugged, but you weren't going to let him off that easy. You placed a gently hand on his shoulder. "Draco, please?" Draco looked into your eyes and pondered for a moment. He didn't know how to tell you that he had done it for you. He didn't want you to see that he wasn't the good person you thought it was. But you weren't stupid.

"Draco, is it because I was there?" He sighed and nodded. Your brows furrowed. "I don't believe that. Are you saying that, if I hadn't been standing there, you would have given him up?" Draco shrugged again. "I don't know. Maybe not." You wrapped your arms around him. "I know you wouldn't have."

"How could you possibly know that?" You looked at him again. "Because I know you, Draco Malfoy. I know this was never what you wanted in life. I know that deep down, you're scared just like I am. I know that you are a kind, compassionate man. You could have easily been sorted into Hufflepuff as well as Slytherin. And I know that you love deeply. Anyone capable of that can't be the evil villain they are trying to fool everyone else into thinking they are. I know because I know you. And I love you."

Draco kissed you fully on the lips. You only parted when another scream of agony ripped through the manor. "We have to do something. Your aunt is torturing Hermione." Draco's grip on you tightened briefly as he thought of something. "Dobby." You cocked your head to the side in confusion. "Dobby?" Draco nodded sheepishly. "Our old house elf. Potter tricked Father into freeing him, but he still comes to visit me. My father doesn't know, but I liked Dobby. H-He was the closest thing to a friend I had growing up."

For a moment you didn't say anything. "See if you can get him here. If can help Harry and his friends, we owe it to them to try. I think...I think Harry is the only one who can save us all." Draco nodded. "And then, we can finish our breakfast." Draco laughed softly at that. It was another thing he loved about you. Your ability to make him smile and laugh.

"Always thinking with your stomach." You huffed, but the smile on your lips told Draco you weren't really offended by his comment. "I love you, Y/N." Your smile widened a little. "And I love you. And when this is all over, we can live in our little bubble forever. With no more interrupted breakfasts." The thought of spending forever with you flashed in Draco's mind and made his smile even more.

(a/n: I had to change the book/movie script slightly to better fit the reader and requested plot, but I hope you like it!)