Bloodied (Draco Malfoy x fem!reader)

(brief mentions of violence, but mostly fluff!)

Your friendship with Draco was something no one had expected to come about. Outside of Quidditch and his two lackeys, Crabbe and Goyle, Draco tended to keep to himself in his latest years at Hogwarts. So when the two of you began getting close, everyone was surprised. Especially because you didn't have a lot of friends either. People tended to either ignore you or bully you. Something Draco was not too fond of. In fact, it made him angry; a feeling that only grew as Draco found himself falling in love with you.

Draco became your defender even when you weren't around. He would not stand for anyone putting you down or treating you poorly. You could take care of yourself for certain. You didn't need Draco's help, but he'd be damned if he'd lose the one thing that made life bearable for him. He would defend you to the ends of the Earth if he had to.

That was how it came to pass that you found him in the courtyard fighting with some other Slytherin, his face and knuckles bloodied. You put an end to the fight quickly before escorting Draco from the courtyard before a teacher could arrive and give everyone involved detention.

"What were you thinking, you idiot?" you asked when the two of you were alone. There was no malice in your words. Draco downed the Wiggenweld Potion you handed him as you began to clean the blood from his hands. "They were mocking you," he finally replied. You glanced up from what you were doing with an arched brow. "And? They always mock me, Draco. This is nothing new."

"Well, I don't like it. I wanted it to stop, so I made it happen." You let out a soft sigh and returned to your work. "Draco, I can look after myself." He shook his head. The young Slytherin had never really been good with words, but you really weren't understanding what he was trying to say. "You shouldn't have to and you never will again. I...care for you too much to let it keep happening."

That made you pause and look up at him again. You stared into his grey eyes for what felt like forever. Not that Draco minded. He liked looking at you. "Draco, I care for you too, you dunderhead. That's why you can't keep doing this kind of thing." Draco rolled his eyes. Still not getting it.

You reached up to begin cleaning the blood from Draco's face, but he gently grasped your hand to stop you. This time, you actually stopped moving and focused on him. Draco brought your hand to his lips, softly laying a kiss to the palm as his eyes closed. You inhaled sharply. "Draco..." He hummed in response.

"When you said you care for me, you didn't mean as a friend, did you?" Draco's eyes opened to see your adorably confused expression. "I didn't." You opened and closed your mouth a half dozen times, like you couldn't figure out how to react. Every emotion seemed to cross your face in a matter of seconds.

Finally, you settled for pressing a kiss to his forehead. Draco frowned slightly when you pulled away. "I love you too, Draco," you whispered. Draco smiled and moved to kiss you on the lips, but you backed away. "Nuh-uh. No lip kisses for you until you're not bloodied." Draco chuckled, but agreed. He continued watching you with eyes full of adoration as you finished cleaning him up.