Muggle Healer (Severus Snape x fem!Muggle reader)

Severus had no idea where he was going. Really, at that moment, he didn't know much. What he was aware of could be whittled down to two things. One: he was in the Muggle world. And two: he was dying. How he managed to drag himself out of the boat house, he would never know. He remembered giving Potter his memories, but after that, it was blank until he woke up with someone hovering over him.

"Alert Dr. Johnson. Looks like some kind of wild animal attack." Severus forced his eyes to open a little. The face peering down at him smiled. "Don't try to talk. You've sustained an injury to your throat. I'm Nurse Y/L/N and I'll be taking care of you. Rest now and we'll get the doctor as quickly as possible." You were speaking quickly, but Severus was grateful. He was fading out of consciousness again.

The next time Severus opened his eyes. he was met with a obnoxiously bright lights and an annoying beeping sound. He let out a soft groan. As if you'd been listening, you entered the room. "Welcome back," you greeting, dimming the lights as you walked in. Severus let his gaze travel to you. "Do you remember me?" you asked.

"Y-Yes," he croaked out. You smiled. "Good. You've been asleep for a while. The doctor had to do some serious work on you. That was quite a bite on your neck." Everything came rushing back to Severus. He tried to bolt upright, but you were there in an instant. "Easy. Take it slowly. You've been through one hell of an ordeal, but you're safe now."

Safe? When was the last time Severus was truly safe? And why wasn't he dead? How had he even ended up in this hospital? All these questions bounced around Severus' brain, giving him a pounding headache. "I know it's a lot to take in, but I need a little information from you, if you can help me." Severus nodded. "Good. Now, can you tell me your name?" Severus licked his lips and managed to say in a raspy voice, "Severus Snape."

*time skip brought to by the Headless Hunt*

Severus sighed as he sank into his chair. He'd been back in his childhood home in Spinner's End for a little over a week, but still couldn't shake the feeling of danger he had. The Dark Lord was dead, for good this time, but he still had followers that were alive and they no doubt knew of Severus' betrayal. The only time he felt safe was when you were there.

Because Severus' injuries had been so severe, the doctor only let him leave the hospital on the condition that a nurse be allowed to check on him and his injuries every couple of days. Severus was going to argue, but when the doctor mentioned your name, he agreed. For some reason, Severus felt a connection with you. You had been his nurse many times while he was in the hospital and you always stayed to talk for a little while. It was...pleasant.

The door opening had Severus' chest tightening and his hand reaching for his wand. Once the wand was in hand, Severus whirled around and came face-to-face with you. You stared at him with wide eyes. "What. The. Hell?!" Severus lowered his wand. You crossed your arms over your chest, obviously awaiting an explanation.

Knowing he had no choice, Severus offered you a seat. Once you were seated, Severus began explaining everything. He told you that he was a wizard who had been a teacher at a school of wizardry. He told you everything he'd done over the last nearly 20 years. You sat with rapt attention, brows furrowed in thought.

"So the bite to your neck? The one that nearly killed you? That was from a snake that belonged to this Lord V-" Severus flinched. Clearly the name still held some sway over him. "You-Know-Who?" you finished. He nodded. "He believed that since I killed Dumbledore, that I was the true owner of the Elder Wand. He believe, falsely, that by killing me, he would have the ability to harness the wand's true power." You hummed and sat back in your chair. "This is a lot to take in. And now you're hiding?" Severus gave a curt nod.

"Am I in danger?" Severus' brow furrowed as he pondered for a moment. "No. The Death Eaters do not know of you. Should they discover who you are, I would protect you." You smiled a little at that. "Somehow, I believe that. Hopefully it won't come to that though. Now, let's get you checked out." You got up and went to work checking Severus' healing wounds.

Over the next several weeks, whenever you came to check on Severus, you would ask questions about the Wizard World and how magic worked. You soaked up the knowledge like a sponge. And you let Severus ask questions in return. He learned how the Muggle world had changed over the years and all about you. He learned why you became a healer. You spent so much time together that Severus felt a longing stirring in his heart that he hadn't felt for a very long time.

You were intelligent and charming. You had similar qualities that Lily had had, but you were so different. You had all the fiery temperament and wit that she had, but it suited you better. You were even more beautiful than she had been. Over time, Severus found his heart forgetting his love for Lily and replacing it with love for you. Still, Severus couldn't bring himself to say anything. That is, until the day you told him he was well enough not to need your help any more.

"What do you mean?" he asked. You smiled at him and he swore it was a little sad. "Based on your neck and everything, you no longer need me. This will be the last day I'll be here. You've healed remarkably well." Severus frowned. This wasn't what he wanted at all. You could clearly tell he was upset by something because you asked, "Are you alright? Having any pain?"

"No. No pain. Just the thought of not seeing you again is-" you cut him off with a smile, "Upsetting?" Severus nodded. "I understand. I feel the same way. I've come to care for you, Severus. As much more than a patient. And well, after today, you are no longer my patient." You took Severus' hands in yours. "I would like to see if anything can come of this. If you are willing?"

Was he willing? A chance at a love he never thought possible? Of course he was willing. "I am." You grinned again and brought Severus' hands up to your lips. "Then I will return tomorrow and we can discuss this further." You released his hands and grabbed your belongings. "Good day, Severus." He bid you good day and watched you walk out the door with a small smile on his face, eager to see where things would take you both. The Disgraced Wizard and the Muggle Healer. Only time would tell.