Sudden Kiss (Oliver Wood x fem!reader)

For Oliver Wood, the Hogwarts experience was about learning and, more importantly, Quidditch. That was all that mattered to him. Until Alicia Spinnet was injured and couldn't play, that is. That was when you joined the team permanently. You were friendly and kind and loved to play. You had no mercy when it came to the game. Your dedication to the team and the game drew Oliver to you.

Eventually, you started joining the rest of the team in the celebrations after you won. You enjoyed going to Hogsmeade for a butterbeer every now and again. As time went on, Oliver grew closer to you, soon realizing that he wanted more than just friendship with you. But he would end up kicking himself for the method he chose to tell you that.

It was the last match of the year and tensions were high. Slytherin versus Gryffindor. Oliver looked around as his team flew through the air. You currently had the Quaffle and were speeding toward the goals. Oliver fought back a cheer when you easily tossed the Quaffle through the goal, tying the game. It was all up to the Seekers now and Oliver was on the edge of his broom. Suddenly, the buzzer sounded and Harry Potter returned to the pitch with the Snitch grasped firmly in his hand.

The stands erupted with cheers from students and teachers alike. Oliver landed his broom at the same time you did. The rest of the team was cheering around you and Oliver found himself reaching for you without thinking. In his excitement, he pulled you to him and pressed his lips to yours. Was it his imagination or did you kiss back? As suddenly as it happened, the kiss stopped.

You looked at Oliver with wide eyes before you took off toward the team tent. Luckily, everyone else was celebrating that they hadn't noticed his mistake. Gripping his broom, Oliver went after you. He knew that he had embarrassed you and he needed to apologize.

He found you taking off your gloves and preparing to remove your jumper. "Wait!" he called. He didn't want to embarrass you further by catching you in a state of undress. "Wood! This is the girls' changing room." He nodded, suddenly shy. "I know. I...had to apologize. For out there. I didn't mean to-"

"Kiss me? I thought as much. It was the heat of the moment, from the match," you said softly. Oliver could swear he heard a hint of sadness in your voice. "Y/N?" You whirled on him. Maybe it wasn't sadness. Judging by your face, you were angry. You were glaring at him with an intensity you'd never had before.

"What made you think it was a good idea, Wood?! You can't just kiss a girl and expect her to be alright with it! You can't play with people's emotions like that!" you scolded. Yeah, you were definitely angry. "I-I-" Oliver started, but you cut him off again. "Just go. If McGonagall catches you in here, you'll get in trouble." You turned away again, dismissing him. Oliver sighed and trudged out of the tent.

Oliver wasn't in the mood to celebrate that night. He felt terrible and no matter how many people congratulated him, he couldn't seem to lift his spirits. He let his gaze travel around the common room. Like always, his eyes landed on you. It seemed you weren't in the mood for the party either. You were in the corner, keeping to yourself. You met Oliver's gaze and stared him down.

Seeing that you weren't backing down, Oliver stood and made his way over to you. He sat down next to you. "Enjoying yourself?" he asked. You rolled your eyes. "Small talk, Wood?" Oliver sighed again. "Fine. I really am sorry for earlier. I didn't mean for it to happen like that." You nodded then your brows furrowed.

"Wait. What do you mean, happen like that?" A deep blush painted Oliver's cheeks. He could feel it and had no doubt you could see it. "Well, I-I've been wanting to that for a while now, actually. Just chose the wrong time to do it." You looked completely surprised. "You have?" Oliver nodded. "You seem surprised," he commented and you finally gave a little chuckle. "Of course I am. According to the team, Oliver Wood's first and only love is Quidditch." It was Oliver's turn to laugh.

"I do love Quidditch. What can I say? You far surpass the game." You blinked at him for a moment before placing a hand on his forehead. Oliver arched a brow. "What are you doing?" You gave him a cheeky grin. "Checking for fever. You must be ill." He reached up and took your hand in his. You didn't pull away, so he gave it a squeeze.

"Oi, you two lovebirds get a room!" Fred called,causing you to roll your eyes again. You took your hand from Oliver's andstood. You took a step forward before looking back at him. "Well, are you coming?" Oliver shot up and followed you out, ignoring the whistles fromthe rest of the Gryffindors as you left the common room.