Paldeans

(Just to clarify Juliana is pronounced as Huliana since it's a Spanish name. Shocked me to see people pronouncing it with the J)

The day after the orientation had been spent getting all the textbooks and other items that would be needed for classes. (Y/n) and Blue had gone into the city and quickly picked it all up before getting sidetracked when Blue thought he saw a shiny pikachu. It was just a normal pikachu.

The day after that was more open. Blue left early to go hang with some other colors while Calem and (y/n) slept in.

Once up (y/n) quietly got dressed before exiting his room just as quietly so that he didn't wake Calem. "What to do?" He wondered to himself as he started walking down the hall, map in hand.

Soon enough he was in the cafeteria eating breakfast. It was very busy at this time so he was lucky to find a table which was empty... or unlucky depending on how he chose to look at it.

"Hey" he quickly turned his head to see Perrin and her Growlithe standing behind him and a bit to the right. "Sitting alone?"

"Yes" (y/n) nodded as he took a bite of his bagel.

"Do you want to be sitting alone?" She asked before she watched him shrug. "Alright then" She grabbed the boy by the shoulder and made him stand up. "Let's go make you some friends!"

(Y/n) nodded before picking up his plate and his bottle of water. "Anything I should know before meeting them?"

"Hmm" Perrin considered that for a moment before leading the boy towards a table that had three people sitting at it. "I don't think so. They're a good group, just be yourself and they'll like you"

"Alright" (y/n) nodded as they approached the table.

"Paldeans" The conversing group all jumped and looked to Perrin after she slammed her fist on the table. "How we doing today?"

"Buenas Perrin!" a small girl with a paldean accent replied happily as she adjusted her hat. "We're comparing our schedules"

"Fun" Perrin nodded as she quickly pulled (y/n) by the arm from her side to in front of her

"Fun" Perrin nodded as she quickly pulled (y/n) by the arm from her side to in front of her. "Here, make a friend"

"Hi" (y/n) spoke simply as Perrin pushed him down into a seat across from Juliana and between two others.

"Adios" Perrin patted the boy on the shoulder before walking away.

There was a brief moment of Silence before Juliana spoke up. "I'm Juliana, what's your name?"

"I'm (Y/n)" the boy replied with a small smile.

"Arven" the boy to his left spoke.

"I'm Nemona! I actually have the dorm next to you!" The girl to his right spoke happily as she leaned closer to him

"Oh? I thought you looked familiar" (y/n) nodded with a smile.

"So whaddya say, new neighbor? Wanna be friends?" Nemona asked excitedly.

"Sure. That's why Perrin pulled me here after all" he shrugged as he put his plate and water on the table and took another bite of his bagel.

Nemona nodded. "Not to much enthusiasm in your voice. We're gonna have to work on that" (y/n) gave a confused glance to Juliana who just smiled again. "I got through to Arven I'll get through to you too!"

"Good luck" Arven whispered as he bit into the berry in his hand.

"So..." Juliana spoke, deciding to change the subject. "What do you do for fun (y/n)?"

"Do you like Pokémon battling?" Nemona asked with a smile. "I absolutely love it! We should battle right now, you and me!"

"Uh" (y/n) turned again to Nemona. "I don't actually have any Pokémon"

"None?" Surprisingly Arven was the one to ask this question.

"So you've never battled before?" Nemona asked, wide eyed, as she observed the boys face for any sign that he was joking.

"How come?" Juliana asked kindly as she leaned her head on the palm of her hand and waited for a response.

"I'm from Orre. We don't have many, if any, wild Pokémon. What Pokémon we do have are imported from Johto and Hoenn" (y/n) explained with a shrug before he finished his bagel.

"Sounds terrible" Nemona frowned as she shook her head. "But that just means we're going to have to take you out to go get you your first Pokémon!"

(Y/n) gave a surprised look. "That's a great idea!" Juliana replied as she clapped her hands together. "What kind of Pokémon would you want?"

"I don't know" (y/n) shrugged as he took a sip of his water. "I figured I'd wait a bit before I get my first Pokémon. Don't want to rush into something like this"

"Makes sense" Arven replied with a nod as Nemona frowned.

"If you keep thinking that way you'll never get a Pokémon!" Nemona spoke as she crossed her arms.

"I'm at a Pokémon school. I'll have to get one at some point soon" (y/n) shrugged as he finished his water. "For now though I want to finish getting prepared for classes. They start tomorrow after all"

"Fair enough" Juliana nodded as she shrugged. "So what do you have left to do?"

(Y/n) considered that for a moment. "Well at some point I'll need to go back and wake my roommate. After that I was thinking I'd explore the campus, find all my classrooms and anything else I should look for"

"I was suggesting that too" Arven said as he took another bite of the berry in his hand. "Apparently these two already did that before I got here"

"You get here late that's on you" Nemona smirked as she reached out to Juliana and they fist bumped.

"I didn't get here late, you two got here a week early" Arven huffed as he crossed his arms.

"A week?" (Y/n) asked with a surprised look. "I couldn't even find any flights here for last week"

"We took my parents' Jet" Nemona replied nonchalantly. "Arven had to stay behind to do some Arven stuff"

"Arven stuff?" (Y/n) asked curiously as he looked at the boy.

"Arven stuff" Arven refused to elaborate.

Word count: 1050

(Paldeans have Spanish accents, just thought I'd throw that out here for those who didn't know)