Amarillo

The second day of school was much like the first one, just with less introductions and more actual teaching. Once the classes for the day were over (y/n) found himself walking aimlessly down the halls.

"Second day of school and already I'm not sure what to do with my free time" he shook his head as he ran his hand over the pokeball attached to his belt.

He sighed as he grabbed the pokeball and looked it over. "What do you do in there? Hm?" Of course there was no response.

"Hey loser!" The boy quickly looked to the side and noticed Blue Oak leaned up against an empty classroom doorway. "Keep talking to yourself and everyone's gonna think you're weird"

"Nice to see you too" (y/n) smiled at the boy before walking towards him. "You make it a habit of standing in random doorways?"

"I'm waiting for someone" Blue replied as he smirked. "But I appreciate your snark. Join me"

"Gladly. Always happy to be a third wheel" (y/n) replied as he leaned up against the wall and turned his head to look at Blue.

They were silent for a minute before Blue spoke up again. "So how are you liking raising Pokémon?"

"It's more work than I expected" (y/n) admitted with a small smile. "Makes me glad I got a tiny Pokémon instead of a larger one like some of the other students"

"It's always good to start off small if you're unsure about something" Blue agreed with a nod. "Oh, here she comes" (y/n) turned his head to see where Blue was looking.

"Blue!" A short girl called out as she ran down the hall. She looked a bit young to be here. (Y/n) noted that like many of the people here she was wearing a hat, he wondered why everyone here seemed to love them.

 (Y/n) noted that like many of the people here she was wearing a hat, he wondered why everyone here seemed to love them

Blue stopped leaning on the wall and motioned for (y/n) to follow. They walked for a while before reaching the girl. "This is (y/n)" Blue spoke as he motioned to his roommate. "(Y/n), this is Amarillo del Bosque Verde. We call her Yellow"

"It's nice to meet you" Yellow smiled as she put her hand out.

"The pleasure's all mine" (y/n) replied as he took her hand and shook it. "So what are you two planning to do?" He asked as they let go of one another.

"Blue is my training partner" Yellow smiled as she held up the pokeball that was in her hand. "Are you coming with us?"

(Y/n) looked to Blue who just nodded. "Seems so"

Blue finally spoke again as he started walking. "Let's head to one of the battle courts"

"Right!" Yellow quickly turned to follow Blue and (y/n) did the same a second later. "So what's your Pokémon team look like?" She asked as she turned to look at (y/n) again.

"Like less of a team and more of a solo act" (y/n) replied as he grabbed his pokeball and held it up for Yellow to see.

"He just got his first Pokémon" Blue spoke from up ahead.