Arven

It was the first weekend of the school year and as if to celebrate it Tandemaus ran around the dorm, holding each others hands as they played happily. Meanwhile (y/n) sat on his bed, speaking to Arven who had come over to borrow some salt since he had run out. "Your Pokémon seem pretty happy" Arven smiled as he watched the Pokémon run.

"They like to run" (y/n) nodded as he also watched the mice run. "And they like to eat afterwards so I should probably get their food"

Before (y/n) could do as he said Arven quickly opened his bag and pulled out a bag of Pokémon food. "Here, this is one of my recipes, normal types seem to love this one"

(Y/n) smiled as he took the bag and opened it. "I didn't realize you also made Pokémon food, I thought you were just a sandwich guy"

Arven shook his head as he walked back to the boys desk and resumed making his sandwich. "I make all kinds of food. I'm actually planning to go into the Pokémon food business once I'm done here"

"Oh?" (Y/n) asked with a smile. "Let's see then how these guys like it" he pulled a piece of the Pokémon food out and placed it on the ground before the Tandemaus ran over to it and quickly split it into equal halves. They quickly ate it before jumping up and down. "I think you just got yourself a new customer"

Arven glanced back at the happy Pokémon with a smile after hearing those words. "I'm glad they like it" (y/n) placed another piece on the ground and the pair quickly split it before eating and returning to their running. "Alright, sandwiches are done" he stood up and walked over to (y/n) before holding a sandwich out to him.

"Thanks!" (Y/n) took it and quickly took a bite out of it. "Wow, that's good" he smiled as he quickly took another bite. "I can see why Juliana makes a big deal about your cooking"

"I think she just does that when I'm there to make me feel better about myself" Arven shook his head as he also took a bite of his sandwich.

"You kidding? That girl adores you" (y/n) let out a small laugh as he noticed Arven's surprised face. "We were walking around after our class' yesterday and she ended up turning a conversation about cute Pokémon into a conversation about you and how much you love your Pokémon"

Arven got a bit of a worried look. "How much did she tell you?" He asked as he watched (y/n) take another bite.

(Y/n) shrugged and finished chewing before responding. "She avoided the details but she told me about how your Mabosstiff is basically your best friend, how you would and have done everything for him, how your face lights up when you're talking about him or playing with him"

Arven couldn't hold back his smile as he heard that. "Well she's right about all that I guess" he took another bite of his sandwich.

"Can I see him?" Arven gave a confused look before realizing what the boy was asking. He pulled his pokeball from his pocket and threw it. The Pokémon came out of the ball and before the ball could fly back to Arvens hand Mabosstiff caught it and wagged his tail as he brought the ball back to Arven.

 The Pokémon came out of the ball and before the ball could fly back to Arvens hand Mabosstiff caught it and wagged his tail as he brought the ball back to Arven

Arven smiled as he took the ball back from Mabosstiff and then rubbed his head. "Hey bud, you hungry?"

The Pokémon barked and Arven grabbed his bag as he put his sandwich back on its plate before pulling out some more food. He opened the bag and pulled out some more food before opening the bag it was in and pouring it in a bowl which he also pulled from his bag.

"Got a whole supermarket in there" (y/n) joked which caused Arven to chuckle as he placed the bowl down for the Pokémon to eat out of. "He's a cute big guy" (y/n) smiled as he watched Mabosstiff eat.

"I'm glad you think so" Arven smiled as he once again pet his partner. "Lots of people think he's a bit scary upon first meeting him"

The Tandemaus ran up to the Pokémon and seemed to be saying hi to him before running behind him and up onto his tail and from there to his back before deciding to roll around in his fur. Mabosstiff didn't seem to mind.

"One sec, this is perfect for my photography assignment" (y/n) quickly grabbed the Camera that Perrin had helped him pick out in the city a couple days earlier before quickly standing and getting into a good position and taking a bunch of pictures.

Arven smiled as he watched (y/n) look over the pictures. "How'd it turn out?"

"I'm sure miss Viola will find a few flaws but I think they're great" (y/n) replied with a smile as he walked back to his bed and put down the camera before picking up what was left of his sandwich and finishing it in a few more bites.

Arven was about to reply when there was a quick knock on the door. (Y/n) looked surprised but called out. "It's open!"

The door opened and Serena stuck her head in. "Hey! I- Ooh it smells good in here" she then noticed Arven who just offered a polite wave. "Oh, hi! Didn't mean to interrupt. Calem told me you were alone"

"I was alone, now I'm not. What can I help you with Blondie?" (Y/n) asked as he walked over towards the door.

"Ah, I was wondering if you're free tomorrow?"

(Y/n) shrugged. "I think so, you need help with something?"

"Professor Oak said that if we decide on a day then we can plan a trip to go catch Rhyhorns!" Serena spoke excitedly as she fully entered the room since she was tired of just sticking her head in.

"Rhyhorns?" Arven asked, surprised that someone who'd never had a Pokémon before wanted something so big.

(Y/n) glanced back at the boy. "Serena is starting a Rhyhorn racing club. I agreed to join"

"You wouldn't be interested would you...?" Serena asked with a smile.

"Arven. And no thank you, I've already joined Mallow's cooking club and I intend to spend all my club time there"

"Sounds like fun" (y/n) smiled before looking back at Serena. "Tomorrow works for me. Just let me know what time"

"Will do!" Serena smiled as she nodded enthusiastically. "...so what smells so good in here?"

Word count: 1118