CHAPTER 1.

New York Yonkers.

Hayley heard the front door open and tensed, shit he was back already, it seemed like he had just left she felt that suffocating feeling again now whenever he was home or in her presence. How could she hate him after only two years of being with him? When she had met him in that small bar in in the Appalachians she had been swooning at his impeccable manners and gentlemanly ways, his wise words of caution, trusting his thousand years on earth and had given herself over to him so willingly, his care at handling everything in their lives, his softly spoken words and tender touch now she was revolted most of the time and bored senseless, her wolf roared in anger and frustration at his gentle noble ways, his advice made her furious she felt like a child more than a grown woman she should just leave, tell him it was over that she didn't love him anymore, and decided she would, tonight, right now.

"My brother Niklaus has broken his curse, my Mother cursed him a thousand years ago binding his wolf side I helped our father do so...at the time I thought it was the right action but time would show it was not, I then let the doppelganger escape us five hundred years later.....I ...Niklaus was different after that, I tried to help him, be there for him but as you know we have been separated for decades, he made contact with me after breaking the curse finally and wants to see me he is going to stay here, it is only for a few weeks," Hayley turned from the kitchen sink and nodded avoiding his brown eyes she chewed her bottom lip nervously, took a big steading breath,

"Elijah....you and I, we are over...I don't love you Elijah, I thought I did but what I was....., I am grateful, you're like the Father I never had."

"We have sex, hardly a Father Hayley," He condemned, she took a hasty look at his face, eyes disappointed, his square jaw immovable, his lips pressed firmly together, not a hair out of place.

"In two years we have had sex a handful of times, Elijah our....we are not really compatible." She finished weakly.

"Is that what this is you want me to fuck you more? come home grab you threw you up on the bench and fuck you till your screaming," He demanded harshly she could see the distaste for his own words and frankly that was something she did want she was a wolf for christ sake she wanted wild teeth biting claw scratching feral fucking sex, hard rough passionate sex, sue her she was a horny she wolf.

"It is not just sex Elijah, you love fine dining, fine vintage wine, classical music, quiet spaces, order, three piece suits, I am the opposite I have tried to fit into your life but I am loud, messy, I love beer I love loud noisy pubs, I sleep late I love messy sloppy food and I like to work Elijah you have told me not to work, that you will look after me, that may have worked centuries ago but this is 2015 times are different....look bottom line I don't love you and I don't want to live with you anymore," She finished she could go on all day about his controlling ways his arrogant superiority about every subject under the sun, but what was the point.