CHAPTER 10.

One Month Later.

Klaus was at the doorway of the Gallery paint studio as Charlotte spoke to him of some collector that was coming to his exhibition, opening night for his new paintings, the showing would be friday night and he saw Elijah walk into the Gallery and walk upstairs to the apartment, he frowned and finished the conversation with Charlotte and followed Elijah upstairs silently.

Elijah could hear her in the nursery and walked down the hallway seeing her back towards him folding tiny clothes, "Hi Elijah what brings you here? Hope is asleep and we don't like to wake her," Hayley spoke not turning knowing it was him by his scent.

"So it is true, you have become a hybrid, did Niklaus make you become a hybrid?" He asked harshly, she turned on him, her face impassive.

"Hope will be immortal, I wanted to be immortal." He looked into her guarded eyes.

"You think Niklaus will spend eternity with you?" He asked with a chatising tone.

"Klaus and I havent talked about eternity," She informed him flatly, giving him nothing.

"He will not, Niklaus does not have relationships or make commitments to women, he does not love, he avoids love, it is a weakness in his eyes, I have known my brother for ten centuries he has never been committed to a woman......, I still love you Hayley leave him, you and Hope can live with me," Elijah demanded.

Hayley laughed noxiously, "I don't love you Elijah, I knew after six months of living with you I didn't love you. I was grateful for your kindness and your debonair manner but being with you is ....suffocating.... My mistake was staying with you much longer than I should have. We are too different, you don't listen and you think you know best for everyone and I will never take Hope away from Klaus. He loves her, he is a good father. If Klaus and I part then I will survive. I always have I do not need looking after, I never did that is what you never understood. Honestly I question your nobility with your suggestion to me, what sort of brother are you? I live with Klaus. We have a child together, our relationship is private and between us. I want this to end between us Elijah move on for fuck's sake we were never going to work together, accept it," Hayley snapped, annoyed this bullshit with Elijah was still happening, "I want you to leave," She announced venomously.

"Hayley....." Elijah voiced pathetically.

"Go and don't come and see me or Hope again until you have pulled yourself together," She gritted her teeth, turning her back on him.

Klaus listened to Elijah leave sitting in the chair in the master bedroom a snarl on his lips, he would like to break Elijah's neck or pull his heart out.

Klaus' Art Opening Night.

"Who is that woman with Klaus?" Hayley asked Charlotte her voice steely, her eyes blazing.

"Camille O'Connell she's an uptown phycologist, highly regarded in her field and a collector she is rumoured to have one of the finest art collections in New York," Charlotte informed Hayley

"Charlotte you are needed," Jared approached them quickly Charlotte and they both left Hayley, Rebekah had overheard Hayley and slid next to her.

"Careful Hayley your claws are showing," Rebekah teased.

"If she keeps putting her hands all over him she is going to be headless," Hayley seethed watching the blonde touching Klaus' arm rubbing her shoulder against his body, smiling up at him, simpering.

"Love....you have it bad," Rebekah raised an eyebrow at her and Hayley rolled her eyes, tapping into her phone to text Keelin and check on Hope. Keelin volutaring to babysit her tonight and she looked up to see Klaus had finally moved away from the blonde woman and felt relieved.