CHAPTER 3.

As soon as Hayley heard Elijah leave for the day she gathered her large bags three of them, pleased she had never become a person that accumulated unnecessary crap it made moving easy and she walked out of her room, walking past the packed up room of paints and canvases she passed his open bedroom door seeing Klaus putting the last of his clothes in his bag he turned and raised a questioning brow to her, "Bye Klaus."

"You had planned to leave this morning?" He stated.

"I did, I organised it yesterday when I caught a lift with you into the city," She admitted easily.

"To save yourself the inevitable questioning no doubt," He smirked at her.

"That and because it's over and rehashing will not change that......where did you end up buying?" She asked.

"Brushwick, a warehouse apartment, Penny Lane," He disclosed and she smiled.

"Good choice, great vibe it will suit you," They heard a car horn from out the front. "Gotta go, that is my uber, might see you around sometime take care," She farwelled him and was gone. Klaus watched her go, not thinking she had been serious when she told him her and Elijah had broken up and that she was only staying for him, he was certain she was using him as some form of manipulation against Elijah to get what she wanted and fucking him had been part of that, but the closing front door was testimony that she had been serious her mind made up and he wondered when was the last time Elijah had been left? no woman ever left Elijah, he either got them killed or he did the leaving, he almost felt sorry for his noble brother that tonight he would arrive home the house empty of Hayley.

One Month Later.

Klaus looked around the art gallery pleased with his paintings that were hung and the artists he had chosen so far to hang in his Gallery, NM Gallery he had called it and in the month had sold quite a few paintings his opening night the week previously had been successful people had packed the gallery for the opening night and his works had sold, validation after ten centuries of having to remain hidden because of Mikael, now he felt truly free and closed the door to the art studio at the back of the gallery leaving the gallery staff he had employed to run front of house so his time was his own.

"Excuse me Sir there is an Elijah Mikaelson here to see you," Charlotte, one of his gallery workers, an experienced woman he had employed to oversee the running of the day to day of the gallery informed him.

"Send him in," Klaus announced, not turning from the canvas.

"Niklaus."

"Elijah what brings you here?" Klaus greeted him.

"Hayley, do you know where she is?" Klaus stopped painting and turned, seeing his brother did not look his usual dapper immaculate self, in fact he had a weeks worth of stubble on his face, his hair ruffled and his tie askew very unElijah like.

"No, the last I saw of her was the morning I left your home," Klaus responded.

"She is blocking my calls, I have been unable to find her," Elijah volunteered.

"It would seem brother she does not wish to converse with you."

"Hayley does not know what she needs, she needs me, Hayley is fragile," Klaus studied his brother thinking Elijah deluded. Klaus had never met a more confident, assured woman in his long life; the little wolf knew exactly what she wanted.

"Elijah obviously for Hayley your relationship is over and she has moved on, perhaps you should accept that as so, as for finding her, your an original vampire with an extensive network of minions anyone especially one little wolf could be found easily."