Chapter One

Prince Gray Fullbuster Dreyar's

POV

~
All around me were girls wearing skimpy bikinis. They were chanting my name, squealing, and OH GOD! One blondie fainted in my arms! Red faced, I pushed her back into the crowd. An auburn haired girl smothered all over me. Nah... not my type. I wove through the throng. None of them were good enough. I was looking around, when something-no, someone caught my eye. I looked at her face and-

"GRAY, TURN OFF YOUR STUPID ALARM CLOCK!"

Crap. That was Natsu, next door, being an idiot.

I mumbled something incoherant; an insult, most likely; and groped around, pushing the button to stop the beeping blaring from the alarm clock and Natsu. Nope. It was just Natsu now, swearing loudly. I rubbed my forehead. Headaches already?

That thick-headed Natsu I swear-

"Gra-ayy!!! Morning sweetie, I brought you your breakfast up toda-ayy!!!"

I scowled at her, barging in on me unexpectedly, without having the decency to knock.

"M-mum??? What's the occasion?"

I looked up suspiciously at my smiling mother, holding a tray in one hand, and a pitcher of juice in the other. Mum, Queen Mirajane of Fiore, to be exact, had never done this. Usually, she was gone by this time, too. Most mornings I just grabbed breakfast at my favorite café... well actually, it wasn't that good, but the cutest girls always hung out there.

"Oh, nothing... I just wanted to stop by and say good morning to my cute little-"

"Mum, mum, really it's fine. I'm not that hungry, so I'll be going now."

She shook her white haired head, smiling.

"Not today, Buster." I cringed at the nickname she had given me when I was younger. "Today's a special day!"

I was just about to take her bait and ask how, when Natsu, the fool, strolled into the stupid commecting door.

Gosh I hate that door. When we both, Natsu and I, turned twelve, mum finally, finally, let us get our own rooms. But. She made sure there was a connecting door, in case we needed each other. Right. Anyways. Eraser head was walking in, grinning, and I clenched my fist, underneath my blanket.

"Get. Out."

Natsu touseled my hair.

"Bro, I smelled food. C'mon... I want some too!"

"Don't. Call. Me. Bro."

"Why not bro?" He grinned back, eyes glinting.

I didn't even pause to think. I lunged forward, fists connecting to his jaw. I heard a muffled moan and felt pleased. Suddenly, he kicked my chest, and I felt fire in my ribs. I groaned, and fell back into my bed post. CRUNCH! Oh shiiiii-

"BOTH OF YOU, STOP IT NOW!!!"

Mum stared down at us, baleful eyes penetrating us.

She had used her demonic magic, and transformed into her demon state, towering 2 feet above us. I saw Natsu gulping in my peripheral. We were screwed.

Mum sighed and reverted to her normal form.

I didn't realize I had been holding my breath, so I let it out in one loud gust. This awarded me a sharp glance from mum, and some sniggering from Natsu.

Mum pointed at us. "I'll let your father deal with you two."

Relief swept through my veins. King Laxus, dad, was on a two week trip. She'd forget about it soon. Natsu was inching toward the door, trying to slide away. Mum caught him by the arm in a vice grip. "Not so soon. You two need to clean up yourselves, then meet your brothers and I in the lounge. And Gray, dear... do wear a shirt."