Chapter Three!!!

Prince Jellal Fernandes Dreyar's POV

~

It's funny.

A room is completely normal, so familiar, and then. A slight detail enters the perfect picture. BOOM. Everything's different. Just because of a single changed detail. Well, four in our case. We're still in the same room, the same clothes, same day. But. When the four maids flounce in, the entire atmosphere changes; like stepping from your shaded porch into the vengeful sun. It's only a few steps, but there's a startling difference.

Natsu attempts to flatten his hair, cursing himself for not wearing gel. He's as pink as his hair, staring at the girls, jaw hung slightly. Idiot...

But I probably look like an idiot too, eyes wide in disbelief, my face heating up. The scarlette girl, the tallest, was staring at me, chin high. Like she was challenging me. Well, that was understandable. I was the oldest male in the room, and the most peculiar in looks, I bet. With startling blue hair, and the bright red design on my face, it was a wonder the other three girls weren't gaping at me as well.

I noticed Gray, beside me, was focusing his flint-hard eyes on a particular maid. She had porcelain skin, vacant, dark indigo eyes, and curly blue hair under her cap. She looked like a pearl with sand, us, irritating her. She was frowning slightly, looking us over in disguised disgust. Oh crap. If Gray has taken interest in this one, I had a sinking feeling his heart wouldn't make it out of the battlefield. I cringed, and was about to warn him when-

"OHMYUNICORNS YOUR HAIR IS SO YELLOW! ITS REALLYREALLYREALLY SOFT TOO! IS IT A WEAVE?! ITS SOOO PRETTY!", shouted one of my idiot brothers. Shiiiiiiiiii-----

"I'm gonna call you Blondette!", Natsu said with finality.

He was all over the lovely, blonde one, stroking her hair in facination. I facepalmed and Gray wallpalmed, groaning in embarrassment. Mira, mum, was scratching the back of her head, giving a nervous giggle. Lucy just stood there, uncomfortable, looking at the short blunette in the middle, entirely helpless.

The scarlette from earlier abruptly stalked over, brandishing a...

What the heck WAS that?! It was a black utensil...a...a... spatula?!

Anyways, she was standing beside the awkward Lucy and Natsu in less than a second, and she slapped Natsu, hard, with her spatula, in the next.

Natsu howled in anger, clutching a very red arm. The Scarlette bathed in satisfaction, and I, with my other two brothers, doubled over laughing.

"N-nice rash you got there, Flamingo! It matches your hair, and quite compliments your gorgeous bruise!" Gajeel choked on his words while laughing hysterically.

Mira, uh mum, just looked upon this with a gleeful expression.

"M-mum! Aren't you gonna reprimand her?! She freakin harassed the Prince of Fiore!", Natsu whimpered.

Scarlette just 'Tuh!ed'.

"He was harassing my maid, Lucy! She was not enjoying it, at all! That is completely unacceptable from such a high-positioned man of royalty!" She scolded him like a teacher.

Natsu stared at her, startled and quite a bit fearful.

"E-erza-san... it's really fine... I don't mind it... much!"

Lucy was pink, but she looked... pleased. I dunno. Maybe having an eraser head stranger; oh yeah, not to mention a Prince; feeling her hair was her kinda thing. Weird but....ok?

Erza was pretty miffed, and the short, quiet bluenette was peering at Lucy with a knowing expression. At that moment, I knew she was the brains of their group. She may even be smarter than all of us in the room. She radiated an aura of wisdom, and had the air of a collage professor. I don't know how I know all this.I've learned that I can read others well; even though I've been told that I'm entirely UNreadable.

The 'smarty' bluenette cleared her throat and adjusted her orange headband.

"Um, well, we haven't exactly given proper introductions, so... I suppose we should do all that before anything else... erm, well, I'm Levy McGarden... and I'm the youngest of the Faerie Maids' Club...!", she said the last part proudly, jutting her chin out and straightening.

Mira stepped in after that, introducing the others.

"This is Erza, the leader of the group, this is Lucy Heartfilia, and this young lady is Juvia Lo-"

"JUVIA?! That's her?!" Interrupted a rough bark from behind me.

I whipped around and met Gajeel's slanted red eyes. He had been silently examining the girls from the back, like a predator stalking its prey.

"H-how do you know her?!", Gray's accusing voice rang out.

Jealous? Hell yeah.

"GAJEEL?! Oh shit no!", Juvia's voice was layered with confusion, dread, anger, and sorrow. Mostly anger. She narrowed her eyes and clenched her fists. Her left hand went to her holster, where a bottle of some sort of solution was clipped.

Sensing some sort of showdown, I stepped into the "big bro" role.

"Woah, woah. Ok, so somehow you two", I eyed them, "Met somewhere, somehow. So, would you guys like some alone time to figure it all out...?"

I heard Gray's muffled growl of anger.

Gajeel chuckled and Juvia shook her head quickly, eyes screaming NO!

"Th-that's not necessary... me and Gajeel just bumped into each other at a café...literally taken. It's no big deal. I was just surprised that I'd meet him... again. It's a pleasure to meet you again, Prince...Gajeel." Juvia curtsied, her front clearly visible.

Gajeel, smiling cockily, nodded and resumed twisting his iron skull ring around his thumb.

Mira, obviously flustered, concluded our greetings.

"So...um, yes. These sweet ladies will be staying for around half the year, more if... everything goes well."

Double meanings!
Double meanings!

My internal radar tingled ominously. I looked around the room. Everyone else looked normal, relaxed. I shook my head.

Maybe I was being too stressed for nothing.

*curtains close*

Sorry about the major foreshadowing... ;)
Minna! Minna! Guess what?
Chapter Three has closed!!!
So I haven't updated in a while because I've been busy with my dance recital teching and stuff.
Actually, I'm 2 hours from showtime!!! YAAAAAHOOO!!!
*Anxiety creeps in*
OH SHIIIIIT
•______•
I'll try to do better with quick updates.
I hope everyone's pleased with this fanfic, and if you've got any suggestions, criticism, or just wanna talk, then just message me! :)))))

Signing out,
omnipotent_shrimp

[Feel free to Share/Vote/Comment/Follow me]